Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: I am your Father.

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    I am your Father.

    this one just popped into my head:

    "Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?"

    "Because my midichlorian count is too low to use the Force."

    NOTE: if you spell midichlorian wrong, google will actually correct it for you...

    Followed by [waves hand] "This is not the half-baked argument you want to start with me."
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-19-2010 at 02:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    "Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?"

    To scare the piss out of idiots who ask me, "Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?".s


    Now you know I wouldn't respond with that one, but it struck me funny when I thought of it.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 07-19-2010 at 08:12 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Look to what happened to the folks at Columbine, VT, and Fort Hood who didn't have THAT. How many lives would've been saved had even one person fired back?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post

    "Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?"
    The answer given to the person who asks that question is very simple...

    "So you will have someone to hide behind for protection."
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Look to what happened to the folks at Columbine, VT, and Fort Hood who didn't have THAT. How many lives would've been saved had even one person fired back?
    <edit> Columbine incident occurred in Littleton, Colorado.

    Now I'm thinking you are talking about 2 separate events, what happend in VT?

    I agree with you 100% about having someone armed (and capable)!
    Last edited by Trekker; 07-19-2010 at 11:05 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marietta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Now I'm thinking you are talking about 2 separate events, what happend in VT?
    Virginia Tech.

  7. #7
    Regular Member simmonsjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    1,664

    "In case I get my feelings hurt."

    hey, I'm a sensitive guy. If you say it friendly it usually makes people laugh and is a good ice-breaker.
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-19-2010 at 02:40 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    542
    ^ depends on if they're rabid anti gunners or just curious.
    an anti would probably explode after that one...

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
    Virginia Tech.
    Thanks. Another no carry zone at the time...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama, ,
    Posts
    1,338
    Because there is only one of me, and lots of them.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Download a picture of your local Sheriff to your phone, and say, "because this is to heavy for me to carry around all day"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  12. #12
    Regular Member KRM59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    256

    lmfao

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    this one just popped into my head:

    "Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?"

    "Because my midichlorian count is too low to use the Force."

    NOTE: if you spell midichlorian wrong, google will actually correct it for you...

    Followed by [waves hand] "This is not the half-baked argument you want to start with me."



    stop your killing me. you made me smile thank you been a rough day.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

  13. #13
    Regular Member KRM59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    256

    :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Download a picture of your local Sheriff to your phone, and say, "because this is to heavy for me to carry around all day"...



    lmao you guys a good.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

  14. #14
    Regular Member KRM59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    256

    Answer

    simple......... because you wont
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

  15. #15
    McX
    Guest
    the bill of rights is not a chinese menu........loved it to bits! still laughing!

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    My intent was to have a funny response to the obviously hostile. When someone approaches you with a blatantly gun-hater attitude, it's easy to be confrontational and want to kick their ass with words, so to speak. We know our position is based on truth and logic. But we often fail to realize that the overtly hostile don't care about reason or truth. I think it's better to be funny. You'll never convince them, but someone ELSE might overhear.

    Consider your audience in that kind of engagement to be everyone else, and the anti is just a prop. Use them against themselves. Demonstrate yourself to be the opposite of what they are trying to imply. Its a good opportunity if you realize that's what it is. Normally you have a conversation with one person, and you may give them something to think about. But if an anti gets in your face, they just got everyone's attention who is nearby. You could give a whole room something to think about, much to the chagrin of the ****** with the chip on their shoulder.

    I often add analogies. "I have a penis, are you afraid I'll rape you?" "I'm wearing pants, are you afraid I'll moon you?"

    This is used as bait to lead them into the 'you're doing it because you have a small dick' thing. Which results in "Regardless of how large or small it may be, it is not an adequate self-defense too. I find it very disturbing that you relate weapons and sex, and fear a rational conversation with someone so deeply disturbed may be impossible."
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-19-2010 at 10:18 PM.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    ixtow, you're correct in that a funny reply can go a long way towards changing an attitude:

    "Why do you carry a gun?"

    "Because I can't carry a cop!"

    It might be old to us, but it still gets laughs.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Uber_Olafsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    585
    My light saber is in the shop and R2D2 is saving C3PO again.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    Because I'm too old and fat to run away from an attacker with a knife, and I never was fast enough to outrun a bullet. By the way, you look even older and fatter than me, why don't you have a gun?

  20. #20
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227

    Pidgin- English.

    I lost my rifle, thats why I am carrying this gun.


    Pidgin English,

    Mi wanpela bilong wanem, long wanem, lusim raifol. Olsem, dispela watpo mi karim dispela, ya gan.

    English,

    Because a policeman is too heavy.

    Pidgin English,

    Bikos an - wanpela polisman stap tumas, tu hevi.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227

    English-Pidgin.

    " "I have a penis, are you afraid I'll rape you?"
    .

    Pidgin,

    Mi gat an - wanpela kok, yu yupela pret mi wanpela pulim, goapim pilai wantaim meri yupela?


    "I'm wearing pants, are you afraid I'll moon you?"
    .

    Pidgin,

    Mi gat antap long trausis yu, yupela pret mi bikpela mun yupela.

  22. #22
    Regular Member vt800c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Springfield,VA
    Posts
    222

    Talking speaking of small useless things

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    This is used as bait to lead them into the 'you're doing it because you have a small dick' thing. Which results in "Regardless of how large or small it may be, it is not an adequate self-defense too. I find it very disturbing that you relate weapons and sex, and fear a rational conversation with someone so deeply disturbed may be impossible."
    You know..I think I'm pretty talented, but I don't think I could screw someone to death. or even into submission. In fact, I think if I was being attacked, that would be the LAST thing on my mind, and my body would biologically respond in a similar manner. Basically, when ANYONE is under attack..we'd ALL suffer from having a small one. (Ladies too!) So rather than trying to defend myself with something totally useless (at that moment in time...it'll get better...) I'd rather use something that would be effective.

    and maybe give my attacker a small one of his own! (Until I shoot it off...)

  23. #23
    Regular Member Mr H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AA Co., Maryland, USA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by vt800c View Post
    and maybe give my attacker a small one of his own! (Until I shoot it off...)
    Well, if you're THAT good a shot, isn't it all academic???

    ;-))

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Wink

    I was struck by, what I think, is a brilliant idea while posting in another thread.

    Instead of carrying empty holsters in protest, why not bananas? Then we can lament the absence of a useful tool if asked.

    No?

    It's healthy anyway... You could tell the hippies it's an organic banana. So many possibilities without being the dead-faced, boring, factually-correct-but-nobody-cares, gun guy. I'm gonna do it. Everyone here thinks I'm a lunatic anyway, so why not? :-P

  25. #25
    Regular Member HvyMtl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    271
    Dad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •