• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am your Father.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
this one just popped into my head:

"Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?"

"Because my midichlorian count is too low to use the Force."

NOTE: if you spell midichlorian wrong, google will actually correct it for you...

Followed by [waves hand] "This is not the half-baked argument you want to start with me."

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

To scare the piss out of idiots who ask me, "Why do you feel like you need to carry THAT?".s

Now you know I wouldn't respond with that one, but it struck me funny when I thought of it.

Last edited:

eye95

Look to what happened to the folks at Columbine, VT, and Fort Hood who didn't have THAT. How many lives would've been saved had even one person fired back?

B

Bikenut

The answer given to the person who asks that question is very simple...

"So you will have someone to hide behind for protection."

Trekker

Look to what happened to the folks at Columbine, VT, and Fort Hood who didn't have THAT. How many lives would've been saved had even one person fired back?

<edit> Columbine incident occurred in Littleton, Colorado.

Now I'm thinking you are talking about 2 separate events, what happend in VT?

I agree with you 100% about having someone armed (and capable)!

Last edited:

Dreamer

Download a picture of your local Sheriff to your phone, and say, "because this is to heavy for me to carry around all day"...

KRM59

lmfao

this one just popped into my head:

"Because my midichlorian count is too low to use the Force."

NOTE: if you spell midichlorian wrong, google will actually correct it for you...

Followed by [waves hand] "This is not the half-baked argument you want to start with me."

stop your killing me. you made me smile thank you been a rough day.

M

McX

the bill of rights is not a chinese menu........loved it to bits! still laughing!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
My intent was to have a funny response to the obviously hostile. When someone approaches you with a blatantly gun-hater attitude, it's easy to be confrontational and want to kick their ass with words, so to speak. We know our position is based on truth and logic. But we often fail to realize that the overtly hostile don't care about reason or truth. I think it's better to be funny. You'll never convince them, but someone ELSE might overhear.

Consider your audience in that kind of engagement to be everyone else, and the anti is just a prop. Use them against themselves. Demonstrate yourself to be the opposite of what they are trying to imply. Its a good opportunity if you realize that's what it is. Normally you have a conversation with one person, and you may give them something to think about. But if an anti gets in your face, they just got everyone's attention who is nearby. You could give a whole room something to think about, much to the chagrin of the douche with the chip on their shoulder.

I often add analogies. "I have a penis, are you afraid I'll rape you?" "I'm wearing pants, are you afraid I'll moon you?"

This is used as bait to lead them into the 'you're doing it because you have a small dick' thing. Which results in "Regardless of how large or small it may be, it is not an adequate self-defense too. I find it very disturbing that you relate weapons and sex, and fear a rational conversation with someone so deeply disturbed may be impossible."

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
ixtow, you're correct in that a funny reply can go a long way towards changing an attitude:

"Why do you carry a gun?"

"Because I can't carry a cop!"

It might be old to us, but it still gets laughs. :)

Yard Sale

Because I'm too old and fat to run away from an attacker with a knife, and I never was fast enough to outrun a bullet. By the way, you look even older and fatter than me, why don't you have a gun?

Haz.

Pidgin- English.

I lost my rifle, thats why I am carrying this gun.

Pidgin English,

Mi wanpela bilong wanem, long wanem, lusim raifol. Olsem, dispela watpo mi karim dispela, ya gan.

English,

Because a policeman is too heavy.

Pidgin English,

Bikos an - wanpela polisman stap tumas, tu hevi.