• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shreveport OC friendly?

SemperFiTexan

I live in Texas close to Shreveport and would like to hear from anybody that has OC'd in Shreveport about their experince there. Recently while at the city Police department (filing a report) I asked the desk Sgt. about OC and he said that anybody who OC'd in Shreveport would be "bounced". I did not ask him what he meant by that.

55bowtie

I fired off an email to the mayor.figured straight from the horses mouth.Ill let you know when i get an answer....MIKE

55bowtie

answer

Shreveport is open carry friendly. No local laws or ordinances. All in line with state statutes.

Cedric
-----Original Message-----
To: Glover, Cedric <Cedric.Glover@shreveportla.gov>

Sent: 7/19/2010 3:23:36 PM
Subject:

Hey cedric how you doing today? I frequent a website called OPEN CARRY the question was brought up..Is Shreveport Open Carry friendly.Are there any laws about open carry in Shreveport other than state laws as in location,alcoholic beverage serving ,etc.Carrying a firearm in open in public?Can you tell me or direct me to a site or person who can advise.
Thanks MIKE PAUL

55bowtie

Now you got to remember this is the same guy that said YOUR RIGHTS ARE SUSPENDED when a police officer pulls you over.He's comin up for reelection and i think hes got his hands full with competion so hes being kinda nice.MIKE

Last edited: