Thread: .44 Magnum Accident

.44 Magnum Accident

This was just sent to me by a co-worker of mine, it was sent to him by a buddy of his that's an LEO here in VA...Beware of Chinese made ammo!

A guy came into the PD the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (44 Mag.) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo, (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared, this is what he saw ...

'Bet he never uses Chinese made Ammo again!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44Mag1.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	3292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44Mag2.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	3293  

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    There is no such thing as Chinese .44 Magnum ammunition. All Chinese ammunition and firearms have been banned from import since the mid 1990s.
    These pictures have been floating around the internet for almost a year. This had nothing to do with bad factory ammunition and everything to do with improper reloads. Here is the original thread from 2009. http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-amp%3...der-butch.html
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 07-19-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Well...maybe the guy was an idiot and too embarrassed to admit it was a handload gone awry...don't know...just thought it was interesting. He's lucky to be alive.

This exact set of pictures was sent to me in e-mail from a buddy about two years ago. I'm going for the salt shaker.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fully_armed_biker View Post
    Well...maybe the guy was an idiot and too embarrassed to admit it was a handload gone awry...don't know...just thought it was interesting. He's lucky to be alive.
    He admitted that it was a hand load which did it when he went to the local Police Station in Alaska to ask them to dispose of the revolver. What you got in an E-mail was the story recycled with some "facts" including the location altered.....
    There was even a guy over at the Gun and Game forums who claimed that this happened to him and was eventually called out.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 07-19-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Oh well...live and learn.