• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, I'm posting this from the USM Portland campus...

ep0k

Where I can't legally carry my sidearm.

I can't even bring it on the property.

And since I'm a commuter, that means I can't even bring it with me because I have nowhere off-campus to leave it. Which means I'm being deprived of my basic self-defense tool not just during classes, but from the moment I leave the house until the time I get home at night.

Isn't that something?

damienrr

Where I can't legally carry my sidearm.

I can't even bring it on the property.

And since I'm a commuter, that means I can't even bring it with me because I have nowhere off-campus to leave it. Which means I'm being deprived of my basic self-defense tool not just during classes, but from the moment I leave the house until the time I get home at night.

Isn't that something?

Dont worry, campus security will protect you.

jonjon_jon

Let me elaborate on how the law is a ass. I drive one of those gas tankers you see going down the road. Enough gas to burn down a city if in the wrong hands. Have the knowledge to take terriest right into the ports millions of gallons in there. Have been checked out by FBI, Coast Guard and State Police. My weapon of choice if attacked is a hammer if I can get to it. Would feel lot safer with 380 in my front pocket.

ep0k

Hadn't even considered that. I'll find out and post the results.

Guess what, folks, I got some REAL bad advice from USM PD on the Portland campus. Suffice to say, they "don't have the facilities" to store weapons for students while they're in class and they also don't know the law (he thought it was just USM's policy).

M

McX

or mechanics who know how to fix cars?! how can you tune a car when you can't tuna fish? i've been waiting years to use that one.

ep0k

Wasn't offended in the slightest. I was being a smart-ass.

But people actually do think we're unreasonable for demanding that law enforcement officers be familiar with the law, like we're out of line somehow. Especially when it comes to harassing us for perfectly legal behavior.

ep0k

thats fine. hopefully see you in sanford on the 31th! email addresses on maine open carry arnt working.

What happens when you try to send to an @opencarry address? I just tested my own and it worked, but I've had some "disagreements" with my web host in the past.

ep0k

when i go on www.maineopencarry.org, then click on email for shane, norman, forrest, and mike, under each pic doesnt work. it says, could not perform this operation because is is not properly installed. am i doing something wronge/

Yeah. That's not the site. The links use a mailto tag, which tells your web browser to invoke whatever your default email application or site is. It sounds like your email program isn't working right. You can just send me a PM if there's something you're trying to send one of us.