• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin 25th senate district

jessejmc1979

I am new here and really like reading and learning from everybody's experiences regarding carrying!! That being said I sent an email to Dane Deutsch (republican canidate for 25th senate district) about two weeks ago just asking him if he wholly supports concealed carry and castle doctrine. I just received a response now and thought maybe you guys would like to hear what he had to say!

" Hi Jesse,

Thank you for reaching out to me and the Dane for Senate Team. In answer to your question on concealed carry...yes I support that fully. I also support castle doctrine. The things I put in writing on my website are who I am, not what I think the voters want to hear that I am. So, rest assured that I have taken these stances and will be walking the "walk" before and after I am elected. "

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.daneforsenate.com/planks.asp?IssueID=17

Second Amendment
I fully support the second amendment to the Bill of Rights. I am a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) of America.

Bill of Rights Amendment II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I will support the Federal Government’s acknowledgment of the importance of the Second Amendment which assures every citizen the right to be armed, trained, ready and willing to create an army, much like the Minute Men during the Revolutionary War, to protect the sovereignty of the people and of the nation. I will expect our bodies of government to honor and protect this important amendment which gives every citizen the right to bear arms. This right should not be restricted by legislation limiting raw materials to create the weapons or the ammunition needed for those weapons. I will offer strong legislation removing the right to bear arms from those who have broken the laws of our land and those who have been a danger to society because of mental illness or psychological problems that endanger the lives or security of citizens. I also expect appropriate prison terms for anyone who violates our nation’s trust by abusing the right provided by the second amendment. I will expect the concern to focus on the criminal, NOT on the Second Amendment.

I will support the right of citizens to protect their family, property, neighbors, and self without being prosecuted provided it was a defensive necessity.

jessejmc1979

I read his website before emailing him but just wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to say one thing then do another. Seems like he'll do the right thing at least on 2nd ammendment issues!!!

J.Gleason

Banned
Wait a Minute!

Second Amendment
I fully support the second amendment to the Bill of Rights. I am a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) of America.

Bill of Rights Amendment II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I will support the Federal Government’s acknowledgment of the importance of the Second Amendment which assures every citizen the right to be armed, trained, ready and willing to create an army, much like the Minute Men during the Revolutionary War, to protect the sovereignty of the people and of the nation. I will expect our bodies of government to honor and protect this important amendment which gives every citizen the right to bear arms. This right should not be restricted by legislation limiting raw materials to create the weapons or the ammunition needed for those weapons. I will offer strong legislation removing the right to bear arms from those who have broken the laws of our land and those who have been a danger to society because of mental illness or psychological problems that endanger the lives or security of citizens. I also expect appropriate prison terms for anyone who violates our nation’s trust by abusing the right provided by the second amendment. I will expect the concern to focus on the criminal, NOT on the Second Amendment.

I will support the right of citizens to protect their family, property, neighbors, and self without being prosecuted provided it was a defensive necessity.

When I read this it seems to me that he is all for arming a member of the militia. It seems his view of the McDonald decision is clouded.

"I will support the Federal Government’s acknowledgment of the importance of the Second Amendment which assures every citizen the right to be armed, trained, ready and willing to create an army, much like the Minute Men during the Revolutionary War, to protect the sovereignty of the people and of the nation."

Seems pretty clear how he thinks about this too me.How about just accepting the 2nd Amendment for what it is and supporting my right to be able to carry for self defense period. All this militia talk is as bad as the " I am an NRA member and I come from a hunting family" talk. It is nothing more than a cover up for Obamacans!

ETA: Be wary of Sheeple in Wolves clothing!

Last edited:

jessejmc1979

That's why I wanted to touch base with him on the matters he didn't come out and say he will support ccw and castle doctrine and when asked he said in plain english with no dancing around the topic "yes I support that fully. I also support castle doctrine." When the current senator has a terrible record on 2nd ammendment rights I think if he was going to be a non-2nd ammendment backer he would have not come right out and said he supported it fully!!

fisheyes

He is as Mr Gleason said , He sounds like he is dancing around the issue, I dont like his wording , he will be able to come back and say, " I said a well armed militia" , as he is voting to take away your rights,
No he sounds like a cross talker saying one thing that sounds good and completly meaning another, in another words a typical politican, I dont trust this guy till it is in writing that he will only support the 2 nd the way it was wrote and meant, his spin on it just doesnt fly. If he doesnt support the 2nd the way it was meant what do think he feels about the rest of the rights.
Not that my opinion means any thing but there you have it.

Fisheyes

johnny amish

When talking to our lawmakers we need to be more clear, do you suport constitutional carry, not ccw. There are to many forms of ccw and only one true form of constitutional carry. "Shall not be infringed" is NOT confusing.