• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might wanna change your views on front sight training...

SlackwareRobert

You would think they would instead point out that their training prepares you to survive a
multiple armed thug situation instead of taking up one side without any evidence.
If they didn't find the gun till after they took the body away I would say it was concealed pretty good.

But it can't be all their fault, a C- student called it in first, they should have pulled his class scores
before spouting off. But hey if shooting your mouth off without the facts is good enough for the white house
it should be for everyone else.

Mudjack

Banned
I have my doubts about Piazza as well...

I have been reading about Piazza quite a bit over the last decade. He has indeed been to court many times for land deals he hasn't made good on. I can't tell if this guy is just so good at ripping people off that he hasn't quite got caught yet or if he's just an idiot who's really good with firearms -- and at the same time really bad with money.

Last edited:

MamaLiberty

I have never been to Front Sight, and don't ever intend to go. I do, however, talk to a lot of people and know personally a fair number who have been, including one "life member." Their stories and impressions vary, but most are negative.

From what they have told me, two big problems stand out:
1. Instruction inconsistent. Some instructors good, some terrible - and usually far too many students per instructor.

2. Far, far too much "cop" stuff taught. Aggression, rather than defensive tactics.

I have a free certificate for the 4 day handgun course. I'll be glad to give it to the first person who sends me a PM. I'll even spring for the stamp.

Mudjack

Banned
Defense wounds are found on corpses. I like to stay away from defensive tactics myself.

It would be worth it to take the four day course and see what Front Site is all a about. Go for it!

kwikrnu

Banned
I took the front sight quiz. The only answers I got right were carrying a gun in my waistband, using a 500 s&w for defense, shooting until the threat is no longer moving, and using a saiga shotgun with a 20 round drum for a home defense weapon.

MarlboroLts5150

I have never been to Front Sight, and don't ever intend to go. I do, however, talk to a lot of people and know personally a fair number who have been, including one "life member." Their stories and impressions vary, but most are negative.

From what they have told me, two big problems stand out:
1. Instruction inconsistent. Some instructors good, some terrible - and usually far too many students per instructor.

2. Far, far too much "cop" stuff taught. Aggression, rather than defensive tactics.

I have a free certificate for the 4 day handgun course. I'll be glad to give it to the first person who sends me a PM. I'll even spring for the stamp.

Shooting a gun is neither offensive or defensive. Just depends on if your the good guy or the bad guy. Or girl, as the case may be. :D