• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handgun Suggestion

The Wolfhound

Hard to put all those requirements into any pistol that immediately comes to my mind. Tanfoglio, maybe? That would likely meet most of the desired options as well. Bersa might have some options for you in .45

45acpForMe

The Sig P220 Stainless Elite meets most of those. It is a bit pricey but one of my favorite guns. It does not have an external thumb safety but is DA/SA which is fairly safe for self defense.
P220-elite-stain-detail-L.jpg

Last edited: