• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VGOF has arrived - Howdy folks!

VGOF

Hi everyone. Been awhile since I posted here, and now with the new OCDO forum setup, I figured I should swing by, wave and say "Hello!"

Sooo... Hello!!

45acpForMe

Hello and welcome. Are you new or did the new forum reset your post count?

It would also be helpful if you updated your profile to show "where" in Virginia you are.

So what does VGOF stand for?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hello and welcome. Are you new or did the new forum reset your post count?

It would also be helpful if you updated your profile to show "where" in Virginia you are.

So what does VGOF stand for?

He's another forum...and not a bad one. He has some posters I could do without but that's not his fault:lol:

I think I still have an RSS feed to them on Old Va.

VGOF

Howdy!
What brings you over to this side of the tracks?

Working on ad banners with OCDO owner John brought me over here today.

I just realized that my old username (allingeneral) is still in the system. I thought I had to re-register for the new forum. Oh well...I like VGOF better now that I own VGOF.org and VGOF.net :)

45acpForMe - VGOF == Va Gun Owners Forum and I'm near Fredericksburg.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Working on ad banners with OCDO owner John brought me over here today.

I just realized that my old username (allingeneral) is still in the system. I thought I had to re-register for the new forum. Oh well...I like VGOF better now that I own VGOF.org and VGOF.net :)

45acpForMe - VGOF == Va Gun Owners Forum and I'm near Fredericksburg.

You've been pumping the email out lately. Your membership should be pretty sizable now.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yep...the VGOF Feed's still running but OCDO must have crashed during the changeover.

VGOF

You've been pumping the email out lately. Your membership should be pretty sizable now.

Hopefully, the emails haven't been too intrusive. I try not to be annoying, but I do try to get things out that I think are worthy of broadcasting.

Almost 1700 active members (spammers are truncated) and we just hit 50,000 posts over the weekend and I gave away a leatherman tool to mark the occasion.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hopefully, the emails haven't been too intrusive. I try not to be annoying, but I do try to get things out that I think are worthy of broadcasting.

Almost 1700 active members (spammers are truncated) and we just hit 50,000 posts over the weekend and I gave away a leatherman tool to mark the occasion.

Naw///they don't bother me at all. Actually it helps me keep up with the framework of the site.

I have to sift through a thousand or so syndicate feeds a day and can't keep up with all the sites I'd like to.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
geez I didn't think that I was that bad.....:)

Anyway, nice to see you over here Rick!

I was thinking more along the line of people who start fights with bartenders that they can't finish and badmouth OC'ers as "Fringe" people.

curtiswr

I was thinking more along the line of people who start fights with bartenders that they can't finish and badmouth OC'ers as "Fringe" people.

I saw that he posted there as well. Didn't really follow up on it much past that though. Saw enough to know enough already.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I saw that he posted there as well. Didn't really follow up on it much past that though. Saw enough to know enough already.

That's not Rick's doing though.:lol: I don't think he even said that on VGOF. That was a twitter post if I recall correctly.

VGOF

Hmmm...you guys tipped me off to some interesting reading. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

curtiswr

That's not Rick's doing though.:lol: I don't think he even said that on VGOF. That was a twitter post if I recall correctly.

Twitter and clarified and made perfectly clear elsewhere. I saw he posted at VGOF and thought of registering to look at his posts and see if he said anything similar there... but never actually checked because I figured what the hell's it worth. Well... 'til just a little bit ago. :lol:

I keep up with too many forums already but I might as well add another to the list, since I'm already registered.