• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

one moment away from no choice

country69

i was call out to tow a car in gary in.when i got there i stepped out of my truck and someone came from around a van pulled a knife he was about 6 to 8 feet away it was dark and he didn't see my ruger on my side until he was looking down the barrel of it.i yelled at him one more step and i'll shoot.he froze [think god].dropped the knife.when i got a better look at him it was just a kid about 16 to 19.i called the police when i was on the phone he ran off [with his pants wet i think].the leo's got the knife.i know the law said i could have but i'm glad it worked out that way i didn't have too:banana:

Jubbie

Congrats on defending yourself. I think you came up with a case for carrying a gun on both hips, other than the whole weight distribution thing. You picked a rough place to work. Hopefully this was a one-time thing. Just to give more reason to OC, how much closer do you thing the thug would've gotten had you been CC'ing and had to draw from concealment. Adds 1, maybe 2 seconds, but at 6-8 feet away even 1/2 seconds count.

Underdog

Great outcome in my book. You stopped the threat period. Hopefully the would be robber gets scared straight (doubt it) but here's hoping.

I also agree on the draw speed. It could have been a entirely different outcome had you been fumbling to pull your shirt up.