• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC FAIL

B1911

I never really understood the whole pink gun thing the industry is exploring until I read this blue gun thread. I think that the idea must be to avoid all of the inconvenient paperwork and litigation of an actual shooting by carrying a weapon (or something that sort of looks like a weapon) that is so preposterous that the BG dissolves into a puddle of helpless laughter and takes himself out of the fight before there is one.

Thanks you guys. I never would have figured it out without you!

You don't know what a blue plastic training gun is and what its for? Its what I just said TRAINING. I practice constantly for my job and self protection ...well that's how I read ur post that u didn't understand why I had it on

As for pink guns its a marking action that failed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ruger .454
I never really understood the whole pink gun thing the industry is exploring until I read this blue gun thread. I think that the idea must be to avoid all of the inconvenient paperwork and litigation of an actual shooting by carrying a weapon (or something that sort of looks like a weapon) that is so preposterous that the BG dissolves into a puddle of helpless laughter and takes himself out of the fight before there is one.

Thanks you guys. I never would have figured it out without you!
You don't know what a blue plastic training gun is and what its for? Its what I just said TRAINING. I practice constantly for my job and self protection ...well that's how I read ur post that u didn't understand why I had it on

As for pink guns its a marking action that failed

I kinda, sorta think maybe he knows what the blue (training) gun design purpose is. I read his reply, as I believe he intended, as a chuckle from his perspective on pink guns.

There are those (mostly younger females) that love them and the color has caused them to get more readily involved.

See no reason to take things so personal on this forum - in fact many good reasons to not.

You at least had something in your holster, I showed up at an event with an empty holster once.......and not by design. :eek:

PavePusher

I picked up a new holster for my 1911 and after adjusting it just perfect and standing in the den practicing drawing from different positions WITH MY BLUE PRACTICE GUN MOLD I got hungry and really needed a big Mac it wasn't until after I was inside inline I remember I still have on the blue practice gun and the real one was home. ... let the jokes and remarks flow lol

Smurf guns... when regular guns just aren't provacative enough....