• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC FAIL

eye95

Don't be bustin on my Kwick. he's ok in my book, smilin kitty too!

He came to the Alabama sub-forum and was quite insulting to Alabama members. His actions were despicable. I, and others, wish he would stay out of the Alabama sub-forum.

That's the last I will say on the subject. He tends to make threads about him, so I will stop contributing to the problem.

SlackwareRobert

Guess that is another plus to having a cat. You do not leave springs and toys laying on the table.
I have such fond memories of the 1911 springs shooting across the room when people didn't hold
the tension on the spring. I probably would have felt different if they had hit me, but almost as enjoyable as
the dressing down for not paying attention that followed.

B1911

Self correcting mistake #3. Always wear safty glasses EVEN WHEN STRIPPING A WEAPON I have a scar on my nose just as it meets my eyebrows where the spring shot out I'm lucky I didn't loose an eye ..no negative comments please

Yeah I've worn the blue boy oc in to places where I didn't know how the reactions would be (keeping my cc in pocket)

eye95

Self correcting mistake #3. Always wear safty glasses EVEN WHEN STRIPPING A WEAPON I have a scar on my nose just as it meets my eyebrows where the spring shot out I'm lucky I didn't loose an eye ..no negative comments please

Yeah I've worn the blue boy oc in to places where I didn't know how the reactions would be (keeping my cc in pocket)

Good post. I can't stand the thought of an eye being lost. ;)

B1911

To heck with an eye! What about the spring? ;)

It was in the floor next to me so all is well, side note 1911 is back together with a long list of Wilson combat upgrades
Btw The Taurus 1911 was in still great condition was very reliable and I was very happy about and now after only 50 rounds through it with upgrades I can't get the grin off my face

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Your honesty is refeshing ;)

Thank you for your honesty OP. Hell this could of happened to any of us even though most wouldn't own up to it. Good on you Sir! Besides I needed the chuckle. Thanks again.

G9OS Signing off from the murder city USA...ooops,the spin folks still want us to call it "motor city"!

Teamtnt2004

Blue is the new orange?

I'd get my deagle duracoated if I didn't like the chrome so much.

guninyourpants.jpg

I think painted guns are less threatening than the evil black ones.

ak47shirtarmed.jpg

peace2.jpg

See how those are cute and cuddly, but the next one could kill with a glance...

saiga12.jpg

The only thing the OP did wrong was carry a fake unloaded handgun instead of the real thing.

The best thing about this thread was starting at the hello kitty t-shir, i mean gun in that pic.

B1911

If you don't know the story of the orange AK then good for you. However, if you would like to catch up just do a little searching. :lol::shocker::banghead::banana:

Hmmm looked into it can't say I enjoyed it but I now know about the ugly orange AK.

Fallschirjmäger

I would laugh about leaving home with a blue-gun but, yesterday nearly the same happened to me. I had just finished at the range and stopped by Quizno's for a Chicken Carbonara. (Still can't decide between Firehouse Subs and Quizno's for after range goodness).

When I finished lunch and got back in the car, I glanced to the the side and there was the magazine for the M&P.40 sitting there all lonely and sad. I guess it's a good thing I had a BUG for the OC'd M&P but it was an embarrassing moment and in that 1-in-10,000,000 chance could have proved Very unfortunate.

Last edited:

Ruger .454

I never really understood the whole pink gun thing the industry is exploring until I read this blue gun thread. I think that the idea must be to avoid all of the inconvenient paperwork and litigation of an actual shooting by carrying a weapon (or something that sort of looks like a weapon) that is so preposterous that the BG dissolves into a puddle of helpless laughter and takes himself out of the fight before there is one.

Thanks you guys. I never would have figured it out without you!

RussP

I never really understood the whole pink gun thing the industry is exploring until I read this blue gun thread. I think that the idea must be to avoid all of the inconvenient paperwork and litigation of an actual shooting by carrying a weapon (or something that sort of looks like a weapon) that is so preposterous that the BG dissolves into a puddle of helpless laughter and takes himself out of the fight before there is one.

Thanks you guys. I never would have figured it out without you!
Here is a good article from Women & Guns magazine, the January/February 2010 issue: http://www.womenshooters.com/archive/old0110issue/feature0110.html