• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal Defense Fund For Jesus Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As you all know, Jesus is facing a daunting legal bill. A legal defense fund has been setup at Chase bank.

There are three ways you can contribute to his legal defense fund:

1) Go to your local Chase branch and make a deposit into account # 2963567421

2) Mail your contribution to ANY chase branch and reference account # 2963567421

3) Send contributions via PayPal to valcaraz@papermc.com

Thanks!

John

AaronS

Thank you very much for this info John. It will be an honor to send out some funding for Jesus. He is a great guy, and I know he can use our help.

Spartacus

Banned
I've met and had several conversations with Jesus and although I regard him highly I'm wondering whether donations are appropriate or not. I guess every person has to make that decision themselves.

My questions are:

Is this even an Open Carry issue? Sure, Jesus was OCing when he was allegedly attacked but was deadly force necessary in this case?

I know he could never come on here and explain his actions as it would be detrimental at his trial but as someone who was found not guilty of felonies and misdemeanors after a two day jury handgun related trial I can state matter of fact that I have no doubt that there was another course of action besides shooting one man dead and critically injuring another.

For myself, I believe that I will wait until the verdict comes in and then help bail him out if found not guilty.

Also I am VERY sure WI Carry will not want to be involved with fund collections as it would be an accounting nightmare for one thing and I'm not sure how involved they will want to get in this case. Neither would I expect WI Carry to get involved if I committed felonies and possible murders.

Please send any donations in the manner that John described in the OP:

"There are three ways you can contribute to his legal defense fund:

1) Go to your local Chase branch and make a deposit into account # 2963567421

2) Mail your contribution to ANY chase branch and reference account # 2963567421

3) Send contributions via PayPal to valcaraz@papermc.com"

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
I find it amazing that everyone here claims to OCW for self defense and then when a member actually uses their firearm for what they believe to be self defense they are criticized for their actions.

Makes me think that many here only carry so others will look at them. Must be an attention thing.

I have no doubts that Jesus believed he was doing what he needed to do. If you do not have the courage to use the firearm when needed then why even carry it? So that criminals can take it away from you?

I just love it when the elitists show their faces. Their two faces that is.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
If you do not have the courage to use the firearm when needed then why even carry it?
Obviously we need training to prevent being fools by rushing into situations where angelic pro-ccw trainers might fear to go.

We need to take care that the standards of a 'reasonable man' legally armed citizen is not raised so high that only the elite among us are reasonably politically correct.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from the fact that we all wish Jesus a positive outcome from this ordeal, the other reason that donations ARE appropriate is simple:

- As believers in the Constitution, we all agree that a person is entitled to a fair trial.
- In our justice system, you do NOT get a fair trial unless you have good representation which costs $$$.
- It is in all our best interests for SELF-DEFENSE cases to be presented by the best legal team possible.
- Therefore, by donating to the legal defense fund, you are both insuring that Jesus gets a fair trial as well as working toward not getting an unfairly anti-self-defense ruling that will impact public opinion and future cases.

John

I've met and had several conversations with Jesus and although I regard him highly I'm wondering whether donations are appropriate or not. I guess every person has to make that decision themselves.

Spartacus

Banned
I find it amazing that everyone here claims to OCW for self defense and then when a member actually uses their firearm for what they believe to be self defense they are criticized for their actions.

Makes me think that many here only carry so others will look at them. Must be an attention thing.

I have no doubts that Jesus believed he was doing what he needed to do. If you do not have the courage to use the firearm when needed then why even carry it? So that criminals can take it away from you?

I just love it when the elitists show their faces. Their two faces that is.

It doesn't matter to the law one little bit that Jesus "believed" in what he did. The law is impartial and will judge him according to the facts, not the "belief" that what he was doing was right.

And I've had about enough of this "elitist" crap. We are all just regular guys who want CC in WI. I carry every day/everywhere I can and would not hesitate to use my sidearm ONLY to counter deadly force. Making the proper split second decisions are mainly the result of proper training, instinct and the ability to think on your toes. Guys that stand still shooting at paper targets will have problems making good decisions without proper training.

John, with all due respect a homicide trial is at the least a five day jury trial and will probably cost in the neighborhood of $50,000. No lawyer will touch this case without a $10,000 retainer or full payment up front. I have no doubt that Jesus already has a court appointed attorney and all he can hope for is that the attorney has a lot of experience in litigation.

M

McX

Hmmmm. Gentlemen! the thread was set up to advise a source for contribution to a legal defense fund. we must debate the rest within our hearts and heads. not here.

Attachments

• bender1.jpg
    bender1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 145

paul@paul-fisher.com

Then he has money already.

I know how this works and no lawyer alive would touch this case with a ten foot pole without cash-in-hand.

To be technical, the attorney he has was a Public Defender, and has since transitioned to private practice. So..... I'm not sure if she took it with her and is doing it pro-bono or on retainer or what. Also, even though 'you know how this works', it could be that she only has a down payment of some sort, maybe a substantial one, and that it will be eaten up and need more before it's done.

Look, if you don't want to donate. don't! Just don't make excuses.

Last edited:

AaronS

Then he has money already.

I know how this works and no lawyer alive would touch this case with a ten foot pole without cash-in-hand.

And your point is?
I can not say for sure, but I would guess his moms house was used to get the needed cash up. A home that took 30 years to pay off could now be at risk. I for one will send him any cash that I can.

J.Gleason

Banned
And your point is?
I can not say for sure, but I would guess his moms house was used to get the needed cash up. A home that took 30 years to pay off could now be at risk. I for one will send him any cash that I can.

Would be interesting if the shoe was on the other foot to see if he would want us contributing to his fund.
It is becoming apparent that we have brothers at arms and brothers at arms length.

Spartacus

Banned
Would be interesting if the shoe was on the other foot to see if he would want us contributing to his fund.
It is becoming apparent that we have brothers at arms and brothers at arms length.

I would have better sense than to ask for financial help if I shot someone.

Aaron, I have nice rat hole around here somewhere if you want to throw your cash in.

Paul, you seem a man of common sense. Could you suppose for a moment that I know more details about this case than I am letting on for the good of the forum?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul, you seem a man of common sense. Could you suppose for a moment that I know more details about this case than I am letting on for the good of the forum?

Thanks!!!!

That is fine but this thread is specifically about how to donate to Jesus's defense fund. I'm not sure what the benefit to anyone is to say 'I know more than you and therefore will not donate'. Fine. Don't.

This thread is specifically on topic.

Jesus was arrested for doing something while OC'ing.

I do not believe that he asked for donations, I believe this thread was asked for by numerous members of OCDO so John did it.

The judicial system will hopefully determine the facts and the proper outcome will be reached.

I do was not there and have not talked to Jesus about the case so I know NOTHING more than what is in the public record. However, I believe Jesus has the right for the best defense possible. If my pittance can help, no matter the eventual outcome, I am OK with it.

It is, after all, our individual moneys we would be contributing and each of us needs to make a decision using the data available to us to determine if we do it and if so, how much.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
... for the good of the forum?
A unique claim, even for a claim of 'special knowledge'. It is related to the fallacies of 'ad hominem' (that everyone else is unfit to know the 'special knowledge') and 'argument from authority', the legitimacy of which is not established or concurred.

Read the Nizkor.org Project. Don't be enslaved by ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.