• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Open Carry Event - August 7th 2010 - Dayton Beach Area

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Florida Open Carry Event - August 7th 2010 - Daytona Beach Area

Join Florida Open Carry for another Open Carry Fishing Event in the Daytona area.

Saturday, August 7th starting at 10am,
Dunlawton Causeway Park, Port Orange, Florida, on the Halifax River.

We will be at the main pier under the bridge.

You will need your saltwater fishing license (shoreline license available free) to fish and you have to be fishing (or going directly to and from) to OC.

We have coordinated with the Port Orange Police Department and City Attorney's Office to make sure the police are properly trained and we have a positive Open Carry event.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
This is event is happening just after we meet with some of our state legislators. So a good turnout and creating a positive impression is important.

M

McX

Congrats on your upcoming event. may it be a success! be sure to post pics!

brboyer

I suppose that means I'm not invited. :p

I'm pretty confident that I speak for the overwhelming majority of gun owners in the State when I say that we prefer you stay over there in your mom's basement where you cannot create a public scene.

Thanks for your understanding.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm pretty confident that I speak for the overwhelming majority of gun owners in the State when I say that we prefer you stay over there in your mom's basement where you cannot create a public scene.

Thanks for your understanding.

If it wasn't apparent, those were already my plans. You sure told me...

I can find better company to keep than the likes of you elitist 'only ones' types.

GIdeon_70

I missed it! At the time I heard about it, I was in Montana carrying openly at Wal-mart.

I'm interested in hosting another event in Holly Hill, whenever you folks are willing to do it. What I'm thinking of it an open carry hotdog cookout.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Just come on down to the Port Orange boat ramp pier. You have to be fishing, hunting, or camping to Open Carry. That's why we do it at the fishing pier. Fish and open carry on the 7th.

Ironside

Just come on down to the Port Orange boat ramp pier. You have to be fishing, hunting, or camping to Open Carry. That's why we do it at the fishing pier. Fish and open carry on the 7th.

I've been watching here for news about the event and have not seen any new posts regarding additional participants. If there are more to sign up I will make the trip from the Orlando area in support of Open Carry. I have other opportunities on that date so I am hoping to see that there will be more than just me and my fishing pole on the pier.

Do we have a count?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
We had a good time but there was some rain; Being under the bridge kept us dry. Pictures and a quick writeup to come.

Last edited: