• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here 18-21 OC? or have in past years?

Colt 1911

Did you ever get any problems? people bug you? challenge you? police ask you questions? I am looking at getting a pistol so I can OC but I wonder about these things.:confused:

wylde007

Don't do that. Someone will respond when they have an answer.

Bumping threads on this forum is extremely bad form and borders on obnoxious.

Don't be that guy.

Oh, and several people on this forum and children of other forum members have OC'ed 18+ without too many problems. I'm sure they'll chime in all in good time.

nova

Did you ever get any problems? people bug you? challenge you? police ask you questions? I am looking at getting a pistol so I can OC but I wonder about these things.:confused:

I did for three years. I had not a single problem. People didn't bug me, a few were curious and asked questions, like places to get training, ranges, what I was carrying, etc. I've had numerous interactions with police while OCing, all of them positive, and not a single time did they even ask my age.

WhatTimeIsIt?

I started OCing while I was 19. 3 years later and I've never had any negative police interaction. I have only had positive and neutral encounters with other citizens, save for having been asked to leave a Walmart once and I've had to switch banks. All things considered, very uneventful.

MSC 45ACP

My oldest daughter has been OCing for 14 months since she turned 18. I got her a Glock 21 for her birthday. She gets some looks, positive and neutral comments along with the usual "Can you do that???". She also carries "OC Cards" that explain VA laws. What you REALLY do need is a small digital voice recorder. I keep meaning to get one but haven't done so yet. Many that post here have had them when they were confronted by overzealous LEO's and it really does help when it comes down to "he said, she said".

If you'd like to talk to some of our younger members that have OC'd since they were under 21, come out to a dinner and get to know us. Some of us even get together for breakfast or just to hang out once in a while. Send me a PM if you want to talk to my daughter.

kg4usk

I'm 20 and have been carring on and off since I was 18 with no problems. I've been carrying more recently and am actually OCing right now while I wait for my car at Pep Boys. Some people seem pretty curious but most pay no mind. Been through checkpoints and been next to cops in fast food places and they never said a word.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Did you ever get any problems?
Carry a digital recorder and leave it on RECORD whenever you are OCing. At the end of the day (if there and no incidents), erase the recording, recharge the batteries and reload the next day.

Everfast_Car_Charger.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Office-Electronics/Recorders/abcat0805003.c?id=abcat0805003

t33j

If you'd like to talk to some of our younger members that have OC'd since they were under 21, come out to a dinner and get to know us. Some of us even get together for breakfast or just to hang out once in a while.
+1

Most(?) people don't have any problems. Some do. Advice: Be prepared in case you have a problem; know the laws.

Send me a PM if you want to talk to my daughter.
:eek:

Last edited:

rob99vmi04

ed

Instead of buying a digital recorder you can download many voice recording apps on your smart phone. You then can immiediatly email the recording to yourself.
yeah I have heard that claim.. I have a smart phone too.. but i don't keep in ON record when I carry. It might be cool to turn on AS you get pulled over, etc. but if you are OCing and a confrontation happens or you get car jacked and have to respond with deadly force or a million other reasons... unless you have it recording whenever you carry.. you will miss something. and for $50, I say it's worth it.

ed

One more thought.. I know a guy that was OCing on his bike (bicycle) and a cop pulled him over and had a pretty lively exchange about his OC. I would bet the cop would have drawn on him if he saw him reach for ANYTHING without a command and even if he got the chance to explain.. "Sir.. I am just reaching for my phone so I can turn on the audio recording so I can have a record of this stop" he would have not been allowed to.