• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People watching the Nevada part of the forum

Vegassteve

I am fortunate that I can check the forum throughout the day thanks to my phone etc. I notice in the last week that no matter the time of day or night we have upwards of 20 people viewing the NV part. I have to wonder if some of those are lurkers, from local police depts etc..

I know in the Cali section they had cops pose as members.

gmijackso

I think it's important to keep in mind that a large percentage of the Nevada population is located in Las Vegas which is very much a 24 hour city. At any point in time in the day there is somebody waking up, somebody going to bed, and somebody eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm sure the police keep an eye on the actions here to some level, but I'd guess that most of the lurkers at odd times are just people with that part of their day free.

M

McX

i'll walk through your forum every now and again. good news is hard to come by. i'll take it even from out of state.

flagellum

We do have an unusually high amount of lurkers, often more the the General Forum. I know there are plenty of us, myself included who lurk constantly, and those who are not registered who read too. I wouldn't be suprised if we had some special guests, especially given the recent happenings in LEO community. No way to really know though.

kootsoup

I've noticed an increase as well. I think that it is partly due to the shooting of Erik Scott and that people are looking for up to the minute news. Maybe, its just the news is getting out more about OC??

jfrey123

I don't believe there's a conspiracy or group of spies to be held liable for our large browsing numbers. My $$$ is on lurkers from other states who can't believe how good we have it here lol

calmp9

I am fortunate that I can check the forum throughout the day thanks to my phone etc. I notice in the last week that no matter the time of day or night we have upwards of 20 people viewing the NV part. I have to wonder if some of those are lurkers, from local police depts etc..

I know in the Cali section they had cops pose as members.

I noticed that quite a few don't post. It could be that they just want to learn about open carry, but are not quite ready to start posting yet.

Nothing that happens here in Kalifornia surprises me anymore. Ban firearms, but legalize marijuana because the state is broke.

Last edited:

greengum

I think a lot lurk here because we are a huge tourist state. I'm sure a lot of out of state people come to get a feel for the laws before they come and visit.

Edit: Also I am usually logged in on either my home computer, work computer, or Iphone so I would be one of the lurkers.

Last edited:

Sabotage70

I think it can be in part to the Costco shooting. There was someone from FL on Nevada shooters saying that he was on there to learn more on the shooting.

I myself am checking the forum all the time. I've have been know to check it while getting ready for work in the morning.

I think I have an addition. :uhoh: :D

Jeff Hayes

I think a lot lurk here because we are a huge tourist state. I'm sure a lot of out of state people come to get a feel for the laws before they come and visit.

Edit: Also I am usually logged in on either my home computer, work computer, or Iphone so I would be one of the lurkers.

I check the Nevada forum quite often, I travel thru or to Nevada 6 to 8 times per year, OC/CC on every trip and like to keep up on the Nevada laws and OC atmosphere.

HuckleBilly

I used to post here but went over to the Nevada Shooters forum for awhile. I don't like it there anymore because there are too many anti-NRA members. So, I am coming back here and I hope this board isn't infected with members who hate the NRA.

Nevada carrier

The Erik Scott Shooting is getting nationwide media attention. I'm sure Mayor Daily is telling everyone who will listen that this is what happens when you let people carry firearms. What he doesn't tell people is that for the magnitude of the populous that carry firearms here, there are hardly any incidents of law abiding citizens turning bad and causing a problem.

Anvil

I happen to like Las Vegas and actually the whole state of NV.
I do feel like a free man while visiting. The fact that I can obtain a CCW makes me want to go back for vacation time after time.
Outside the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas, I find many happy, friendly people.

I stop by here to keep informed and stay educated.
If this is monitored officially by police, they should also comment, and educate us, after all, at this point in time we are not the bad guys.

Mudjack

Banned
No Trust For Cops

Over at Hour of the Time we are constantly watched by Feds. You can rest assured that NV cops are watching this board. Most cops don't like armed citizens. They will do whatever is in their power (and whatever is outside of their power, so long as they don't get caught doing it) to stop us from having guns. I trust no cops under any circumstances.

Thundar

I used to post here but went over to the Nevada Shooters forum for awhile. I don't like it there anymore because there are too many anti-NRA members. So, I am coming back here and I hope this board isn't infected with members who hate the NRA.

There are many long term members here that hope we will not be infectede by NRA apologists.

Just keep it topical and don't mention them here and we will all get along. If you bring it up others will give their opinions.

IMHO, you can expect many local activists to be anti-NRA, given the NRA attempt to sell other rights groups, inclusing grass roots gun rights organisations, down the river with the campaign reporting carve out for the NRA.

wrightme

There are many long term members here that hope we will not be infectede by NRA apologists.

Just keep it topical and don't mention them here and we will all get along. If you bring it up others will give their opinions.

IMHO, you can expect many local activists to be anti-NRA, given the NRA attempt to sell other rights groups, inclusing grass roots gun rights organisations, down the river with the campaign reporting carve out for the NRA.

There are two sides to it, and frankly, many antis do not list factual data, but hyperbolic conjecture, with a simple message. "hate them."

Those who dislike the NRA should also take the advice you give, which I have bolded above.

Last edited: