Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Cox will be Speaking on 2A Issues & Taking Questions

Thumbs up Mike Cox will be Speaking on 2A Issues & Taking Questions

Mike Cox will be speaking on 2A issues & taking questions from the audience. This is a great way to meet the attorney general and ask any questions you may have.

The event is going to be at the Western Wayne County Conservation Club

W.W.C.C.A
    6700 Napier Rd.
    Plymouth, MI 48170

July 28th, 2010 Wednesday @ 7:00 PM

If you are interested in going please RSVP by contacting Bob Beach @ 517-242-7479

Is he planning on doing one of these on the west side of the state?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Is he planning on doing one of these on the west side of the state?

Bronson
    Good question. The farthest event west I see is Fowlerville but that might be because I'm on the east side. Contact Robbie Rankey C: (989) 714-2224 Robbie@MikeCox2010.com he will be able to give you better information then me as to when he will be out west..

The Folwerville event is Fowlerville Fair (Fowlerville Fairgrounds, Fowlerville, MI) 3:45 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. this Saturday.

Banned
    Since Mike Cox, and Sheriff Bouchard are both pro 2A, I am concerned that if both of them are running, that it will split the vote, and weaken the 2A cause.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Since Mike Cox, and Sheriff Bouchard are both pro 2A, I am concerned that if both of them are running, that it will split the vote, and weaken the 2A cause.
    Sheriff Bouchard doesnt have a chance. Not too much of a worry there. Plus saying you're pro 2A doesnt make you pro 2A actions speak louder then words. What has Bouchard done?

Banned
    Im not speaking for either one at this point. Just don't want to lose because people have to choose between them. At this pouint, either would be better that what we have, or the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by mikestilly View Post
    Sheriff Bouchard doesnt have a chance. Not too much of a worry there. Plus saying you're pro 2A doesnt make you pro 2A actions speak louder then words. What has Bouchard done?

"2nd Amendment

Sheriff Mike Bouchard is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He is a long-time NRA member, a gun owner, and an avid hunter, and believes in the U.S. Constitution and the protection of our individual rights.

Mike has bravely defended his community and our 2nd Amendment constitutional rights for over 23 years as a police officer, legislator, and now as Sheriff of Oakland County.

He has received “A” ratings and endorsements from the NRA and the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners in each of his previous elections, and he continues to fight for sportsmen’s rights across the state, including designing and implementing a streamlined process allowing Oakland County to issue more Concealed Pistol License than any other county in Michigan."
    ---------------------------------------------
    What more can he do as a Sheriff?
    I met him, he is a true Conservative he didn't just memorize Conservative quotes.

Banned
    What he said. ^

No offense, but Mr. Cox seems a lot more like a politician than the Sheriff to me.

Sheriff Bouchard doesn't have a chance. Not too much of a worry there. Plus saying you're pro 2A doesn't make you pro 2A actions speak louder then words. What has Bouchard done?
    Also he is just a sheriff, not the AG, not nearly as an opportunity to "set the stage" sort to speak. Anyways, anytime OCDO/MOC has had anything to do with Sheriff Bouchard he has come down on our side. When was the last time another candidate for Governor called one of our members personally to let him know we are right and he has our back? Just saying. Keeping it balanced... Not trying to be political, just balanced.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

What he said. ^

No offense, but Mr. Cox seems a lot more like a politician than the Sheriff to me.
    If you want to get stuff done, put a man in office who knows what he's doing.

Mike Cox has been on capitol hill for eternity it seems.

He knows what he's doing, he knows how to get bills pushed, and he supports our right to carry.

I see no mention of Sheriff Bouchard supporting the right to carry.

-Richard-

Last Saturday MGO had their Annual meeting/picnic at Kensington park in millford.
    Invites were sent to several candidates. Only one showed up. Mike Cox

I believe current polls for the Republican gubentorial candidate put it pretty closely between Snyder, Hoekstra, and Cox. Bouchard was pretty far down if I remember correctly.

I've got an email into Snyder asking him to clarify his position on some 2A questions. I'll post the answers if I ever get a response.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

A little of topic, but I heard Bouchard speaking the other day about his undying support for the "war on drugs" and how medical marijuana is such a danger to our state. I don't care how pro-2A someone is, when I hear stupid comments like that it makes voting a lot easier. He's a cop, and will always think and act like a cop.

Banned
    Thanks detroit fan. I was unaware of this. Mr. Cox now has my vote. I was on the fence with these two guys.

I remain on the fence. Cox seems washy. I know his track record speaks for itself. I am leaning in his direction. I think he is affraid to put it out there in fear of being tagged a gun nut or worse and killing his political career. If I know that his heart was in the right place, it would be a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1 View Post
    I remain on the fence. Cox seems washy. I know his track record speaks for itself. I am leaning in his direction. I think he is affraid to put it out there in fear of being tagged a gun nut or worse and killing his political career. If I know that his heart was in the right place, it would be a no-brainer.
    This would be an event for you then. This would be your opportunity to ask questions and get to know him better.

At this meeting we hope to foster a 2nd Amendment and Conservation focused discussion between the participants and Attorney General Mike Cox. We will be focusing on what has been accomplished in Mike's tenure as Attorney General, where we currently stand, and Mike's plan for Michigan's future.

This will be a unique experience for leaders of 2nd Amendment advocacy groups and leaders from the conservation community to have an intimate discussion with Mike six (6) days out from the primary election.

All are welcome but space is limited. Please RSVP if you plan to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1 View Post
    fear of being tagged a gun nut
    A gun nut that doesn't own a gun

Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    A gun nut that doesn't own a gun

Bronson
    That's C-R-A-Z-Y
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Banned
    I'm not coming to this one, but could someone please publicly ask this guy why he doesnt have or carry a gun when he says that he supports us so strongly?

I'm not coming to this one, but could someone please publicly ask this guy why he doesnt have or carry a gun when he says that he supports us so strongly?
    Does it matter? Do you honestly think that someone must carry a firearm to support our constitutional rights? Mr Cox was in the marine corps and knows how to shoot. If you want to ask your question you should go otherwise ponder over what I posted here.

Banned
    It lends to credibility for one to practice what one preaches. If he OCed daily, then there would be neither question nor debate about who to vote for.

Does it matter?
    Not a bit. We don't know what he's seen or gone through in his life. Perhaps he feels it goes against his personal religious beliefs. Whatever the reason it's really none of our business. The freedom to choose to carry a firearm is exactly that, and he appears to have chosen NOT to have one....as is his right.

Bronson

Banned
    I would venture to say that Pelosi doesnt carry one either.

Some years ago I had an acquaintance... a retired teacher who didn't like guns one bit... would never ever own one... and always excused himself from any conversations concerning guns... who was a long time member of the NRA simply because he believed in ALL of the rights of "we the people" and to him the NRA was the only organization fighting to preserve the 2nd Amendment.

The man was a rarity to be sure but he was steadfast in his beliefs that ALL the rights were important and even though he chose not to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights for himself he still supported the right for others.

Now... is Mr. Cox similar to the man I knew back then? I don't know... I've never met Mr. Cox.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Some years ago I had an acquaintance... a retired teacher who didn't like guns one bit... would never ever own one... and always excused himself from any conversations concerning guns... who was a long time member of the NRA simply because he believed in ALL of the rights of "we the people" and to him the NRA was the only organization fighting to preserve the 2nd Amendment.

The man was a rarity to be sure but he was steadfast in his beliefs that ALL the rights were important and even though he chose not to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights for himself he still supported the right for others.

Now... is Mr. Cox similar to the man I knew back then? I don't know... I've never met Mr. Cox.
    Come with us Wednesday night and find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast