• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Cox will be Speaking on 2A Issues & Taking Questions

Bronson

Does it matter?

Not a bit. We don't know what he's seen or gone through in his life. Perhaps he feels it goes against his personal religious beliefs. Whatever the reason it's really none of our business. The freedom to choose to carry a firearm is exactly that, and he appears to have chosen NOT to have one....as is his right.

Bronson

B

Bikenut

I'm not coming to this one, but could someone please publicly ask this guy why he doesnt have or carry a gun when he says that he supports us so strongly?

Some years ago I had an acquaintance... a retired teacher who didn't like guns one bit... would never ever own one... and always excused himself from any conversations concerning guns... who was a long time member of the NRA simply because he believed in ALL of the rights of "we the people" and to him the NRA was the only organization fighting to preserve the 2nd Amendment.

The man was a rarity to be sure but he was steadfast in his beliefs that ALL the rights were important and even though he chose not to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights for himself he still supported the right for others.

Now... is Mr. Cox similar to the man I knew back then? I don't know... I've never met Mr. Cox.

mikestilly

Some years ago I had an acquaintance... a retired teacher who didn't like guns one bit... would never ever own one... and always excused himself from any conversations concerning guns... who was a long time member of the NRA simply because he believed in ALL of the rights of "we the people" and to him the NRA was the only organization fighting to preserve the 2nd Amendment.

The man was a rarity to be sure but he was steadfast in his beliefs that ALL the rights were important and even though he chose not to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights for himself he still supported the right for others.

Now... is Mr. Cox similar to the man I knew back then? I don't know... I've never met Mr. Cox.

Come with us Wednesday night and find out.

Bronson

I would venture to say that Pelosi doesnt carry one either.

Do you also feel that everyone that supports the legalization of marijuana needs to be toking up to be taken seriously? How about non-smokers that were against the smoking ban in public places? Or people that don't ride motorcylces that are against mandatory helmet laws? Or non-hunters that support pro-hunting legislations? The list can go on and on.

One doesn't need to personally participate to understand and support the rightness of a cause.

To be honest I'd rather have people in government that have the ability to look at issues that don't personally concern them and make well reasoned, fair decisions based on the consititution and codified law than people who are so wrapped up in their own ideology that they can't step outside of it and examine issues from a neutral position.

Bronson

Yooper

Do you also feel that everyone that supports the legalization of marijuana needs to be toking up to be taken seriously? How about non-smokers that were against the smoking ban in public places? Or people that don't ride motorcylces that are against mandatory helmet laws? Or non-hunters that support pro-hunting legislations? The list can go on and on.

One doesn't need to personally participate to understand and support the rightness of a cause.

To be honest I'd rather have people in government that have the ability to look at issues that don't personally concern them and make well reasoned, fair decisions based on the consititution and codified law than people who are so wrapped up in their own ideology that they can't step outside of it and examine issues from a neutral position.

Bronson

I agree, I don't own a motorcycle, and even if I did, I'd wear a helmet, but I'd support the repeal of the helmet law, and while we're at it, the helmet laws on atv's and snowmobiles. I'd support legalizing marijuana even though I've never tried it, and wouldn't even if it was legal. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, but I think the smoking ban is wrong. I would also support a repeal of the seat belt law. In general, if what you do doesn't hurt any one else, so be it.

stainless1911

Banned
One policy that I have is simple. All you have to do to win a debate with me, is to present a better argument. And that, you have done. I do support marijuana, wether recreational, or medipot, I don't smoke it, or cigarettes, but the smoking ban was crap. I just hope that Mr. Cox, if elected, will support our rights as he says he will. I'd still love to see a governor regularly OC though.:)

If bouchard beleives in the drug war, then there is simply no way I can vote for him.

Yooper

One policy that I have is simple. All you have to do to win a debate with me, is to present a better argument. And that, you have done. I do support marijuana, wether recreational, or medipot, I don't smoke it, or cigarettes, but the smoking ban was crap. I just hope that Mr. Cox, if elected, will support our rights as he says he will. I'd still love to see a governor regularly OC though.:)

If bouchard beleives in the drug war, then there is simply no way I can vote for him.

Glad I could help :)