Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arriving at my house you will be greeted by this

Arriving at my house you will be greeted by this

I kinda like it so much I made a few extras.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0298.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	3301  
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 07-20-2010 at 06:55 PM.

bhancock

Smile Upload

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I kinda like it so much I made a few extras.
    Upload the doc so I can print some please.

Now that is a very unique idea i like it might use it myself

Banned
    So what do you think that yur old lady SO will think of that, nothing inside, her, is worth dying for? Or your kidz? Pretty narrow minded POV for an armed arse haole.

CarryOK, your looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's my warning sign to a would be...saying there is nothing inside you want, thats worth dying for.
    I tried printing them, but the ink fades quickly and you have to tape it to the window. So I had these vinyl made up. Looks much nicer just stuck to the glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orig1.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	3308  

Founder's Club Member

What The Jury Will Hear

I don't know the state of Castle Doctrine in Wisconsin, so take this next with a grain of salt.

It seems to me that such a sign might be a little dangerous in the event one does really shoot someone.

Prosecutor: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you have seen, the defendant was so hard-hearted he was willing to kill for anything--nothing inside this house is worth dying for said the sign. A radio, a TV, a few dollars cash, a stick of gum were enough to kill a man. The defendant was so set on this he had vinyl signs made, not just a print-out from his computer, but spent the money to make custom vinyl signs. Sure, he says it was self-defense. Yet, those signs say something else entirely."

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I don't know the state of Castle Doctrine in Wisconsin, so take this next with a grain of salt.

It seems to me that such a sign might be a little dangerous in the event one does really shoot someone.

Prosecutor: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you have seen, the defendant was so hard-hearted he was willing to kill for anything--nothing inside this house is worth dying for said the sign. A radio, a TV, a few dollars cash, a stick of gum were enough to kill a man. The defendant was so set on this he had vinyl signs made, not just a print-out from his computer, but spent the money to make custom vinyl signs. Sure, he says it was self-defense. Yet, those signs say something else entirely."
    There is no "castle doctrine" in Wisconsin, per se. One may stand one's ground anywhere one is legally entitled to be. One may also use force to protect property, but not deadly force-- which is only to be used to protect life and limb, so to speak.

Could also be a defense as a warning sign. You enter with ill intent at your own risk. Not much different than any other protected by gun signs. I just chose to have a custom sign made up.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 07-21-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Could also be a defense as a warning sign. You enter with ill intent at your own risk. Not much different than any other protected by gun signs. I just chose to have a custom sign made up.
    The difference that is "not much" is the difference that makes all the difference.

The "nothing in this house" angle applies lethal force to protecting property. The sign that says "this home protected by..." can be construed to mean protecting people.

Also, the sign that says "this truck protected by..." implies lethal force for protecting property--truck and contents. Such a sign has the same liability as the "nothing in this house..." sign. Just because other signs used the same idea does not mean the latest sign misses liability by repetition.

A safer alternative might be a sign that says, "This family protected by..." The bad guys would get the necessary idea without the liability. Such as it is. Personally, in the event of a jury trial for a righteous shooting, I want as much advantage on my side, and as little advantage on the prosecutor's side as possible. Of course, in a pro-defense jurisdiction, with a pro-defense prosecutor, it might not be an issue at all. In other jurisdictions, it might just supply the prosecutor with another nail.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-21-2010 at 02:42 AM.

McX
    i agree with citizen, signs are nice but give warning. i don't want them to get a warning, i want them to be surprised.

Banned
    CarryOK, your looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's my warning sign to a would be...saying there is nothing inside you want, thats worth YOUdying for.
    There fix'dit for ya. I die gladly for my family,friends, country, God. Better me than them. Better me than thee that wouldn't.

How about the argument that the homeowner so intent on NOT taking life attempted to warn any wrong doers. This/these persons ignored the signs posted for their own safety as well as the defendants safety and still continued to attempt to victimize and do who knows what to the defendant and their family. The defendant seeing this perpetrator ignore these warning signs and continue to break into the home reasonably suspected that they may have ignored the sign as they wish ill harm upon the defendant and/or their family. So CLEARLY the defendant had no choice but to stand their ground and protect their family from harm using the tools that would most likely guarantee their safety.

I'm not a lawyer but I would imagine that something like that might be a "reasonable argument." At least just as reasonable as the argument quoted above.

That's basically the intent I have. The way I see it, if you got NOTICE, which has a legal basis, and you still followed through with your ill intent. Then you got no grounds for any kind of defense, countersuit, or any legal basis against me. Kind of like a No Trespassing sign. If no sign, then pretty hard to prosecute. But if posted, then it's basically an automatic fine.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 07-21-2010 at 05:52 PM.

I have a Swede guarding my house 24/7. His name is Iver Johnson. When he is on vacation his two buddies Smith & Wesson take over.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Judged by 12 or carried by 6?
    I'll take the judging! I think people are getting too caught up in what someone else may think instead of looking at it from a realistic standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Judged by 12 or carried by 6?
    I'll take the judging! I think people are getting too caught up in what someone else may think instead of looking at it from a realistic standpoint.
    We need more people like Uncle Ted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I like it! Here is my sign on my door.
    Last edited by Glockface; 06-09-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Arrive uninvited at my home and you will be greeted by. . .

OK. . . actually, more like this.

bhancock
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    How about the argument that the homeowner so intent on NOT taking life attempted to warn any wrong doers. This/these persons ignored the signs posted for their own safety as well as the defendants safety and still continued to attempt to victimize and do who knows what to the defendant and their family. The defendant seeing this perpetrator ignore these warning signs and continue to break into the home reasonably suspected that they may have ignored the sign as they wish ill harm upon the defendant and/or their family. So CLEARLY the defendant had no choice but to stand their ground and protect their family from harm using the tools that would most likely guarantee their safety.

I'm not a lawyer but I would imagine that something like that might be a "reasonable argument." At least just as reasonable as the argument quoted above.
    Exactly. I suppose they could have an 'I don't know how to read' defense so maybe one of those international pictures along with it would be good.

bhancock
    Ok, looking back at it I see it has picture explanation. Good to go!

HB that kitty looks pretty tuff.......

Scaaaaaaaaary!
    Last edited by hardballer; 07-25-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter9mm View Post
    HB that kitty looks pretty tuff.......
    If you look closely, you will see that is in fact Sniper Kitten, whose photo graces so many internet pages as he looks through his scope, across a window sill, and down at what can only be the neighbor's dog--probably a Pomeranian.

Pictured above, he is practicing being knocked off balance, losing his gun, and deploying his back up weapons.

Last edited by Citizen; 07-25-2010 at 11:41 PM.

If you look closely, you will see that is in fact Sniper Kitten, whose photo graces so many internet pages as he looks through his scope, across a window sill, and down at what can only be the neighbor's dog--probably a Pomeranian.

Pictured above, he is practicing being knocked off balance, losing his gun, and deploying his back up weapons.

Anyone with Ninja kitten experience will affirm that those backup weapons are formidable even when deployed by a juvenile. Wicked sharp.

I've often considered open carrying a kitten instead of my trusty .45. Hmmmmm, maybe not. We had one we called "Hit & Run" You can guess why. Dang it, but they are fast.

Just wanted to mention that it is my experience that you cannot baptize a cat, no matter how hard you try.
    Last edited by hardballer; 07-26-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: clarity.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockface View Post
    35 years ago a personal friend that was also my liability insurance agent demanded I take such a sign down from my door immediately - he was serious too.

After a lengthy conversation with him about premeditation, loss of insurance protection, the court system etc, it came down and nothing remotely like it was ever displayed again.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast