• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arriving at my house you will be greeted by this

__

Banned
So what do you think that yur old lady SO will think of that, nothing inside, her, is worth dying for? Or your kidz? Pretty narrow minded POV for an armed arse haole.

Motofixxer

CarryOK, your looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's my warning sign to a would be...saying there is nothing inside you want, thats worth dying for.
I tried printing them, but the ink fades quickly and you have to tape it to the window. So I had these vinyl made up. Looks much nicer just stuck to the glass.

Attachments

• Orig1.jpg
    Orig1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 231

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What The Jury Will Hear

I don't know the state of Castle Doctrine in Wisconsin, so take this next with a grain of salt.

It seems to me that such a sign might be a little dangerous in the event one does really shoot someone.

Prosecutor: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you have seen, the defendant was so hard-hearted he was willing to kill for anything--nothing inside this house is worth dying for said the sign. A radio, a TV, a few dollars cash, a stick of gum were enough to kill a man. The defendant was so set on this he had vinyl signs made, not just a print-out from his computer, but spent the money to make custom vinyl signs. Sure, he says it was self-defense. Yet, those signs say something else entirely."

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I don't know the state of Castle Doctrine in Wisconsin, so take this next with a grain of salt.

It seems to me that such a sign might be a little dangerous in the event one does really shoot someone.

Prosecutor: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you have seen, the defendant was so hard-hearted he was willing to kill for anything--nothing inside this house is worth dying for said the sign. A radio, a TV, a few dollars cash, a stick of gum were enough to kill a man. The defendant was so set on this he had vinyl signs made, not just a print-out from his computer, but spent the money to make custom vinyl signs. Sure, he says it was self-defense. Yet, those signs say something else entirely."

There is no "castle doctrine" in Wisconsin, per se. One may stand one's ground anywhere one is legally entitled to be. One may also use force to protect property, but not deadly force-- which is only to be used to protect life and limb, so to speak.

Motofixxer

Could also be a defense as a warning sign. You enter with ill intent at your own risk. Not much different than any other protected by gun signs. I just chose to have a custom sign made up.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Could also be a defense as a warning sign. You enter with ill intent at your own risk. Not much different than any other protected by gun signs. I just chose to have a custom sign made up.

The difference that is "not much" is the difference that makes all the difference.

The "nothing in this house" angle applies lethal force to protecting property. The sign that says "this home protected by..." can be construed to mean protecting people.

Also, the sign that says "this truck protected by..." implies lethal force for protecting property--truck and contents. Such a sign has the same liability as the "nothing in this house..." sign. Just because other signs used the same idea does not mean the latest sign misses liability by repetition.

A safer alternative might be a sign that says, "This family protected by..." The bad guys would get the necessary idea without the liability. Such as it is. Personally, in the event of a jury trial for a righteous shooting, I want as much advantage on my side, and as little advantage on the prosecutor's side as possible. Of course, in a pro-defense jurisdiction, with a pro-defense prosecutor, it might not be an issue at all. In other jurisdictions, it might just supply the prosecutor with another nail.

Last edited:
M

McX

i agree with citizen, signs are nice but give warning. i don't want them to get a warning, i want them to be surprised.

__

Banned
CarryOK, your looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's my warning sign to a would be...saying there is nothing inside you want, thats worth YOUdying for.
There fix'dit for ya. I die gladly for my family,friends, country, God. Better me than them. Better me than thee that wouldn't.

Cobra469

How about the argument that the homeowner so intent on NOT taking life attempted to warn any wrong doers. This/these persons ignored the signs posted for their own safety as well as the defendants safety and still continued to attempt to victimize and do who knows what to the defendant and their family. The defendant seeing this perpetrator ignore these warning signs and continue to break into the home reasonably suspected that they may have ignored the sign as they wish ill harm upon the defendant and/or their family. So CLEARLY the defendant had no choice but to stand their ground and protect their family from harm using the tools that would most likely guarantee their safety.

I'm not a lawyer but I would imagine that something like that might be a "reasonable argument." At least just as reasonable as the argument quoted above.

Motofixxer

That's basically the intent I have. The way I see it, if you got NOTICE, which has a legal basis, and you still followed through with your ill intent. Then you got no grounds for any kind of defense, countersuit, or any legal basis against me. Kind of like a No Trespassing sign. If no sign, then pretty hard to prosecute. But if posted, then it's basically an automatic fine.

Last edited:

Glockface

I like it! Here is my sign on my door.
000_0788.jpg

Last edited:
B

bhancock

How about the argument that the homeowner so intent on NOT taking life attempted to warn any wrong doers. This/these persons ignored the signs posted for their own safety as well as the defendants safety and still continued to attempt to victimize and do who knows what to the defendant and their family. The defendant seeing this perpetrator ignore these warning signs and continue to break into the home reasonably suspected that they may have ignored the sign as they wish ill harm upon the defendant and/or their family. So CLEARLY the defendant had no choice but to stand their ground and protect their family from harm using the tools that would most likely guarantee their safety.

I'm not a lawyer but I would imagine that something like that might be a "reasonable argument." At least just as reasonable as the argument quoted above.

Exactly. I suppose they could have an 'I don't know how to read' defense so maybe one of those international pictures along with it would be good.

B

bhancock

Ok, looking back at it I see it has picture explanation. Good to go!