• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reminder--East Palo Alto City Council Protest Against Detective Rod Tuason

Black Dragon

A reminder that the Responsible Citizens of California's protest of East Palo Alto Detective Rod Tuason's inappropriate comments about open carriers begins tonight at 6PM. I urge those attending to NOT open carry. This is a protest of Det. Tuason, not an open carry event. Our empty holsters will be our protest signs.

Time: July 20, 2010 from 6pm to 9pm
Street: 2415 University Ave.
City/Town: East Palo Alto, CA

http://www.responsiblecitizensofcali...o-city-council

Iopencarry

This just in

Responsible Citizens of California
(RCC) spearheaded an effort to hold the East Palo Alto Police Department and Detective Rod Tuason accountable for the discriminatory and threatenng statements that Detective Tuason made on Facebook. We organized a protest in front of East Palo Alto City Hall. Our effort resulted in ...a press release made by EPAPD Chief of Police stating that in fact Detective Tuason will be put under disciplinary action for conduct unbecoming a police officer.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
But just for the record...If I joked about proning out and shooting a cop, I bet I would get more than just a written reprimand! I would be arrested, get my guns confiscated, spend the night in jail, required to post bail, hire a lawyer, and fight an overzealous city prosecutor and judge who would want to make an example out of me. This too is tyranny!

Black Dragon

You are welcome. It was an honor to defend the rights of all law-abiding gun owners in California. The Responsible Citizens of California will be hosting a launch party at Kaama Lounge in San Jose this Sunday at 1 PM. All Open Carry and Gun Rights groups are welcome to attend. We can celebrate this victory together and the best part is the launch party is free!

http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/events/the-responsible-citizens-of

bigtoe416

Great job to the organizers of this event and to all those that attended!

But just for the record...If I joked about proning out and shooting a cop, I bet I would get more than just a written reprimand! I would be arrested, get my guns confiscated, spend the night in jail, required to post bail, hire a lawyer, and fight an overzealous city prosecutor and judge who would want to make an example out of me.

Maybe if you joked about doing that to a specific police officer? What could you be charged with for making vague comments about a class of people?

bigtoe416

Terrorist threats? Use your imagination! I'm sure they would.

Heh...that's what I searched for in the penal code. The only thing that came up had to do with .50 BMG rounds...maybe I just don't know what the official term is? I'm pretty sure assault can be verbal, but the intended recipient has to believe that you can and will do harm. I'm not sure saying that one would prone out all cops is illegal. I recognize that the powers that be would certainly want to make an example at some lowly peon who dare speak against their authority, but no crime comes to mind that would fit the bill.

oc4ever

Cpc 240-242

In simple terms....Assault is the unlawful attempt, and the present ability to hit/injure a person(like swinging your fist or a bat). Battery is when the victim is actually struck or injured. No such thing as a verbal assault.