• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who is in Morgantown and surrounding areas?

feeldasteel

Just curious about how many OC.org members are in this area. maybe we could all organize some type of open carry community service sometime soon. gimme a shout.

Sig229

Lately, about half of the week I have been staying in Smithfield, PA which is only 8 miles from Morgantown.

I often travel to Morgantown for shopping and stuff.

As far as a meet-up, let me know. So long as Im not working I will be there.

Last edited:

Mykal_

Im in Westover. I open carry every where I go. Let me know.

While not a high profile scene. Cleaning up the Mason Lake pistol range would be good.

feeldasteel

Im in Westover. I open carry every where I go. Let me know.

While not a high profile scene. Cleaning up the Mason Lake pistol range would be good.

I have heard it has gotten pretty messy out there, i havent been there since it opened...I live in Reedsville, but I work in that direction, at Mylan Park. I think that would be a great idea for a place to clean up. The only downside would be that we wouldnt really getting too many people used to seeing open carrying . I think right through westover would be a great place to do it too! Lets see how many people we can get involved. Do you have any friends who open carry? I think I can get one other guy...Ill post something to see who is interested.

feeldasteel

Lately, about half of the week I have been staying in Smithfield, PA which is only 8 miles from Morgantown.

I often travel to Morgantown for shopping and stuff.

As far as a meet-up, let me know. So long as Im not working I will be there.

considering a westover trash pickup function....interested??? I was thinking maybe Saturday August 14th.

Mykal_

I have heard it has gotten pretty messy out there, i havent been there since it opened...I live in Reedsville, but I work in that direction, at Mylan Park. I think that would be a great idea for a place to clean up. The only downside would be that we wouldnt really getting too many people used to seeing open carrying . I think right through westover would be a great place to do it too! Lets see how many people we can get involved. Do you have any friends who open carry? I think I can get one other guy...Ill post something to see who is interested.

Agreed, not very high profile.

Through Westover wouldnt be bad. Im good for the 14th as of now.

The rail trail starting at the bus depot. Not usually much trash down there but enough to pick up here and there and a long the trail.
Really there isnt much in this area that is trashed that is high profile.

I dont have any friends that open carry let alone many friends. :lol: