• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First LEO Encounter: ProClean @ 10 & Gratiot

fozzy71

First [boring] LEO Encounter: ProClean @ 10 & Gratiot

I posted this the other day in the experiences thread, but for those of you that don't read that thread regularly I am reposting it here. I was walking my dog around the neighborhood today and when I told JohnnyD74 about my first LEO encounter he said I should probably make a new thread about it also, so it gets some more visibility.

This story should embolden others in the area to OC more frequently, without worry. The LEO on this side of town know the law. :banana:

Just had my first encounter where a business called the cops on me. Pro-Clean at 10/Gratiot, where I have OC'd 4 or 5 times previously. I went out to make a call and one emplyee sat on the bench next to me smoking, and never said a word. I went in to wait for the dryers and shortly after I saw the owner walk in, who had seen me there before too. 5 minutes later a LEO came in with 2 or 3 other cars in tow. :uhoh:

The owner (through his broken English) said some customers and staff were scared by my gun and asked if I could conceal it. I said I cant do that comfortably so I will put it in the trunk. I walked past 4 LEO's at the entrance and said hi. They never said a word to me. :banana:

I then got to hand out a couple of tri-folds to customers and explain some mis-conceptions in the law. I told the employees that I would never be back........

I am going to Auburn Hills, Clarkston, Fenton, and Durand tomorrow. I will be wearing my new, freshly washed from ProClean, MOC Shirt. :D

Last edited:

scot623

Honestly, I'm surprised Eastpointe even rolled a car there much less 3. You will not have a problem in Eastpointe when OCing. The fact the LEO's said nothing gives you a good idea of their attitudes. After I met with Eastpointe PD Asst. Chief Borowski, I've never had a second look OC'ing in Eastpointe. I actually had an officer pull over as I was walking my dog to thank me for what I was doing to promote OC. He had seen me on Fox 2 and knew of my talk with his boss. Eastpointe is on board!

fozzy71

I think it was 1 or 2 city cars and 1 or 2 county cars. There were 4 officers at the double doors I walked out past. That is the first time anyone has said anything at all to me, inside of a business. I get chatted up and/or stopped regularly in my neighborhood so I always have a few tri-folds ready.

It is time for me to print a few more tri-folds to be sure I have plenty for tomorrows OC adventures. It makes more sense for me to carry the 9mm tomorrow as it is more comfortable; but the all stainless, cocked & locked, 1911 get's a few more looks I think.
paperbag.gif

sprinklerguy28

I took my suit there a month ago and nothing was said about me OCing. I can tell you the $2 Dry Clean just south of Pro Clean is OC friendly. Dropped some stuff off there on Friday and talked with the owner. He has no problem with it.

fozzy71

I took my suit there a month ago and nothing was said about me OCing. I can tell you the $2 Dry Clean just south of Pro Clean is OC friendly. Dropped some stuff off there on Friday and talked with the owner. He has no problem with it.

This was my 4th or 5th time OCing there while drying and or washing/drying. I have seen most of those same employees before while OC'ing and I have seen the owner at least 2 times before this while OCing.

It was really a really busy Sunday afternoon, so I suppose it could have been a customer that called. From what the owner told me through his broken English, I assumed one of his employees called the cops and they told the employee they couldnt do anything except have the business owner talk to me, which is why the owner was called in.