• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PRESS RELEASE…2nd Peaceful Armed Open Carry “Restore the Constitution” rally Greensbo

RandysRight

For Immediate Release PERMIT APPROVED BY NATIONAL PARK POLICE

June 11, 2010

2nd Restore The Constitution Rally

Time: August 14, 2010 from 1pm to 4pm
Street: 2331 New Garden Rd
City/Town: Greensboro, NC

Speakers at this rally include:

1. Mike Vanderboegh (Alleged leader of a merry band of Three Percenters)

2 Daniel Almond (Organizer of the Original Restore The Constitution rally)

3. Taylor Ruble (from NC Rangers)

4. John Ainsworth (Civil War and Constitutional historian)

5. Ron Woodard (NC Listen)

6. David DeGerolamo (Founder of NC Freedom)

7. Bubba McDowell from the blog “What Bubba Knows”

8. Laura Long from “Triangle Conservative Unite”

9. Dr Dan Eichenbaym(from the mountains in NC and has his own TV show)

http://drdansfreedomforum.com/

10. Dr BJ Lawson (running for US House of Representatives)

11. Rick Smith (Marine and running for NC State House)

12. Bill Randall (running for US House of Representatives)

13. June Griffin (running for Governor of Tennessee)

14. Tom Baugh (author of “Starving the Monkeys”)

15. Dr Ada Fisher National Conservative Republican Spokeswoman and black conservative

16. Vernon Robertson, Winston Salem 9/12 Group

For more information on the Restore The Constitution rally, please contact

Randy Dye 919 619 9189 919 619 9189

or Tom Green 336 639 8333 336 639 8333

Founder Daniel Almond 404 788 9735 404 788 9735

Rules of (non) Engagement

Pistol loaded, openly carried. Rifle unloaded, slung to rear. Bandoleer of magazines containing ammo. All in accordance with rules below. Please note that guidelines below are subject to final coordination with the Department of the Interior:

Participants and attendees are expected to know and abide by all applicable state and federal firearms laws. None of the information provided below is legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is created by reading or relying upon this information. If you have questions, then you are expected to know the applicable state and federal firearms laws before attending the event. Anyone prohibited from possessing a firearm by state or federal law may not possess a firearm at this event. Participants and attendees may not bring any firearm prohibited by state or federal law.

American Patriot

I would queston why the need to post information as is in this comment:

15. Dr Ada Fisher National Conservative Republican Spokeswoman and black conservative

If the person is a spokeperson for a conservative organizantion why the need to add, "and black conservative?"

None of the other 15 people listed are discribed according to their color. What is wrong with this picture?

sFe

If the person is a spokeperson for a conservative organizantion why the need to add, "and black conservative?"

None of the other 15 people listed are discribed according to their color. What is wrong with this picture?

Reminds me of the whole "I'm not a racist because I have a black friend" thing.

jp49911

You have a good point but I wonder if Ada refers to herself that way or someone provided that as the description. I have seen a carbon copy of the lineup as shown above elsewhere. And Vernon Robinson is black and it doesn't specify that for him.

cricketdad

You have a good point but I wonder if Ada refers to herself that way or someone provided that as the description. I have seen a carbon copy of the lineup as shown above elsewhere. And Vernon Robinson is black and it doesn't specify that for him.

Don't know for sure but it might refer to the opposite of what the Dems have, Black Caucus

If you get a chance to meet Ada and Vernon I think you will like both of them.

elixin77

Regardless of which color a speaker is, I will be in attendance with a friend. I will have my 1911 on my hip, and my 91/30 on my shoulder.

Dreamer, are you planning on coming out? Maybe take one vehicle, save some gas between the three of us.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'll be there.

Since the rally is at 1pm, we could perhaps have an OCDO lunch meetup beforehand, around 11:30 perhaps? What do you guys think?

We have many OC breakfasts and dinners locally, but there is no formal group/organization by that name (OCDO) with which to be affiliated.

elixin77

I'll be there.

Since the rally is at 1pm, we could perhaps have an OCDO lunch meetup beforehand, around 11:30 perhaps? What do you guys think?

Sounds like a plan for me.

I've never been to Greensboro - what restaurants/cafe's do you recommend for us to meet at for lunch?

farkles

Stamey's at 2812 Battleground Avenue, Greensboro, NC doesn't serve alcohol and seems to be OC friendly. It is where the News and Record story was written with a person OCing. That is just down the road from the rally.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
11:30AM @ Stamey's?

Stamey's at 2812 Battleground Avenue, Greensboro, NC doesn't serve alcohol and seems to be OC friendly. It is where the News and Record story was written with a person OCing. That is just down the road from the rally.

Sounds good. Let's meet for lunch at 11:30 then? That should give us plenty of time to eat, socialize, and make it to the rally by 1pm.

farkles

Sounds good. Let's meet for lunch at 11:30 then? That should give us plenty of time to eat, socialize, and make it to the rally by 1pm.

I'll be there at 11:30, hopefully I will be bringing several friends and my Krav Maga instructor. I guess we will know each other by the guns on our hips standing at the front.

elixin77

Should work for me and my friend. We have a habit of leaving a bit late though, so we'll see, haha!

I'll say we'll be there, but expect us to be a bit late. That, and we live in Greenville, so we have a drive to get there

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
I'll be there. EVERYONE know that I carry at Stamey's LOL
and don't forget that people who open carry just do it for attention. no one says it better than AirDoc from Greensboro News and Record.

AirDoc
It appears highly possible that Eldridge is more of an attention seeker than he is a second ammendment supporter. Of all the tables and booths at Stameys, he chose to sit at one of the few seats at the counter. Instead of wearing a concealed holster, or one that hugs the body, Eldridge chooses one that places the weapon out in the open where passerbys (and thugs) can't miss it. He's not trying to exercise his rights - he is trying to get attention, and this N&R article is feeding him well. With the gun prominently displayed as it is, and sticking out for anyone to grab (note Eldridge is busy applying catsup with his gun hand), any thug wishing to do something illegal in Eldridge's presence will likely neuteralize Eldridge with his own unsecured gun, and then commit whatever crime they originally planned to commit. The manner in which Eldridge has chosen to display his weapon could easily lead him into situations detrimental to his wellbeing. But it's his right isn't it?

BTW, its called retention. thugs don't have the installed in the waistband of their pants. So good luck with that.
and Texas Pete is NOT catsup

mekender

I'll be there. EVERYONE know that I carry at Stamey's LOL
and don't forget that people who open carry just do it for attention. no one says it better than AirDoc from Greensboro News and Record.

AirDoc
It appears highly possible that Eldridge is more of an attention seeker than he is a second ammendment supporter. Of all the tables and booths at Stameys, he chose to sit at one of the few seats at the counter. Instead of wearing a concealed holster, or one that hugs the body, Eldridge chooses one that places the weapon out in the open where passerbys (and thugs) can't miss it. He's not trying to exercise his rights - he is trying to get attention, and this N&R article is feeding him well. With the gun prominently displayed as it is, and sticking out for anyone to grab (note Eldridge is busy applying catsup with his gun hand), any thug wishing to do something illegal in Eldridge's presence will likely neuteralize Eldridge with his own unsecured gun, and then commit whatever crime they originally planned to commit. The manner in which Eldridge has chosen to display his weapon could easily lead him into situations detrimental to his wellbeing. But it's his right isn't it?

BTW, its called retention. thugs don't have the installed in the waistband of their pants. So good luck with that.
and Texas Pete is NOT catsup

Looks like a fobus holster to me. I carry my pistol in one without any worry of it not being secured. I know of exactly one case nationwide of a non-LEO having his gun snatched out of his holster. I am not worried about it.

Dreamer

Should work for me and my friend. We have a habit of leaving a bit late though, so we'll see, haha!

I'll say we'll be there, but expect us to be a bit late. That, and we live in Greenville, so we have a drive to get there

I might take you up on that...

I'm currently being held captive in the People's Republic of MD by my family, doing a weeks worth of handy-man errands and babysitting for my grand-daughter, but I should effect my escape by Thursday or Friday of next week... ;)

I'll send you a PM later in the week to let you know if I can make it, and if I'll need a ride.

Last edited: