• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PRESS RELEASE…2nd Peaceful Armed Open Carry “Restore the Constitution” rally Greensbo

elixin77

I might take you up on that...

I'm currently being held captive in the People's Republic of MD by my family, doing a weeks worth of handy-man errands and babysitting for my grand-daughter, but I should effect my escape by Thursday or Friday of next week... ;)

128743746473224846.jpg

Hopefully you can make it.

mekender

I am planning on being there to take a lot of pictures for this forum and many others.

mekender

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
This will be the first time I have come to one of our lunches. Do you guys typically hang out in the parking lot, or in the lobby waiting for a while to see who shows up, or do you just ask the host/hostess to direct you to the posse?

This is being talked about on at least 5 forums that I know of as well as several very popular blogs. I suspect that there will be a few dozen people if not more there.

I am hoping for more like a few hundred, or better yet - a few thousand, with all the out of towners. Remember, this isn't just about the second amendment. This is the RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION rally. If only a couple dozen people in NC care about getting back to limited government, based on the constitution, then it is a sad day indeed.

Does anyone know if the local Tea Party is publicizing the event? It would be nice if they showed up in force, as this seems like it would be right up their alley.

Last edited:

TheFreeman

I'm going to try and make it up. Is anyone else planning on open carrying a rifle? I'm thinking about bringing my AR per the rules of non-engagement.

....................................--Rule Reminder--
LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! ....................... gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

nobama

I would like to see Rush Radio advertise it. Dont know if they have the spine. Maybe I will E mail Bill & Pam.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
NCTEAPARTY.COM does list the date & time of the event on their front page, with a link for a map to the location, but its easy to miss if you're not looking for it. Unfortunately there is no writeup on the event, and no link to a page with more info.

Whoever is running their website dropped the ball on this one :banghead:

elixin77

So... Elixin... Just curious - are you wearing the Mosin-Nagant into Stamey's too?

I mean, I know Stamey's is tolerant of properly holstered handguns, but I don't know how they are going to respond to a rifle.

Haha, no I won't have my rifle with me at Stamey's. The rifle is for the rally only. I'll make the trip back to the car to pick up the rifle *after* lunch

outerbanks

Activist Member
Best of luck to all who attend the rally. Prior commitments for tomorrow will keep me away. For my part when I need gas for the truck tomorrow I'll OC my 1911.

Last edited:

Smith45acp

Wow, how did I miss this until now?! I have a lot to do this weekend but I'll certainly make the time and the drive from Raleigh, for both the lunch and rally.

I've met a few folks off this board for a couple of OC meets and a range day, hope to see some familiar faces.

S&W 1911 / Orange KTM motorcycle

Dreamer

On second thought, I'll be leaving the Mossberg at home.

But maybe I'll be carrying a 3'x5' "first Flag of NC" on a 6ft pole instead...