• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good end of the world gun?

erich_kopp

I was thinking about a new pistol for practice shooting I can get 1000 rounds for only $30 and was wondering if any of you had any experience on any of these two pistols a VZ-52 (cz-52) or a Tokarev TT-33 in 7.62x25? I had a vz-52 but I sold it last year. Both for around $200?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
My "end of the world" gun is a New Model Convertible Blackhawk in .357. It comes with a 9mm cylinder, allowing me the choice of 3 calibers in one gun (.38/.357/9mm), all of them known to be fairly lethal. Also, being a SA revolver, it has fewer moving parts to wear out or break. All around, I think it's my best choice for the zombie apocalypse.

G20-IWB24/7

1K for $30? So it's about the same as the budget .22LR? I think 100 for $30 is probably closer to reality.

My end-o-the-world gun is a Glock 19 w/nightsights and maritime spring cups. I've got tons of 15rd mags and a few of the 33rd G18 mags to go with it. And its a GLOCK, so it's as close to maintanence-free as I'm going to get in an autoloader. 9mm is pretty easy to find, too.

1245A Defender

cz/vz are stronger than the tokarev-33

wondering if any of you had any experience on any of these two pistols a VZ-52 (cz-52) or a Tokarev TT-33 in 7.62x25? I had a vz-52 but I sold it last year.

wonder why you request our experiance, if youve already owned one?
as an aside,, ask michigander how he feels about the one he had?
he dropped it, and it shot him in the leg.

oldkim

hence... end of the world

"wonder why you request our experiance, if youve already owned one?
as an aside,, ask michigander how he feels about the one he had?
he dropped it, and it shot him in the leg."

I guess if you drop it.... it might be the end of the world for you....

Now that is funny. Well funny as in "so long it's not you" type of funny

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

I'll take a scoped Ruger 10/22... I can carry 10,000 rounds in a backpack, and hit anything I want to out to 150 m.

amlevin

I'll take a scoped Ruger 10/22... I can carry 10,000 rounds in a backpack, and hit anything I want to out to 150 m.

+1

This would be my choice too. In an EOW scenario survival would be the biggest consideration. Evading trouble will be paramount, not going out and looking for it. The .22lr is more than capable of providing meat and can also be effective in last ditch defense. If it truly is the end of the world as we know it (TEOTWAKI) I seriously doubt that it will matter what you carry with you so you might as well carry something light and useful. Remember, the "Road Warrior" just carried a sawed off 12ga.

David.Car

And I will raise you one of these...

P3270438.JPG

jeeper1

The AR7's are a joke jn my opinion.
I've had two and the trigger is horrible, the barrel nut loosens as you shoot it, it is grossly inaccurate and the mags have feeding problems.

jeeper1

A better weapon than the AR7 is the M6 scout in 22 hornet over .410. Mine is in stainless steel.

dj_fatstyles

And I will raise you one of these...

ive got four, one for my 10/22, one for my mkIII and two for my glock 21. with two more on the way. one for my glock 22 with a 9mm conversion barrel and one for my ar-15. best thing in the world for shooters is suppressing it. sorry if the files are too large.
rugerwithtapco014.jpg

rugerwithawc008.jpg

HEMS2001.jpg

gemtech001.jpg

Last edited:

JSlack

The AR7's are a joke jn my opinion.
I've had two and the trigger is horrible, the barrel nut loosens as you shoot it, it is grossly inaccurate and the mags have feeding problems.

yep. agreed! I have one. keep it as my "truck gun". neat idea, very poorly executed. while there have been several different manufacturers of the gun, the Henry Repeating Arms model seems to be the best. I believe the one I have is made by Century? Arms. trigger is....well, very poor, accuracy is little to none, and the action is very sloppy, to the point it causes issues with cycling.
Sure, a survival gun...but you probably won't be surviving very long if you are depending on it for self defense. it'd be a good little rabbit or squirrel gun though! :lol: