• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good end of the world gun?

Metalhead47

Ak-47

Accept no substitutes :banana:

Preferably with drum mag.

I live on an island. SHTF, trying to leave is a great way to get killed. I plan to hunker down, stop trimming the blackberries, & live off the natural smorgasbord that wanders thru my yard every day.

Attachments

• ak.jpg
    ak.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 84

Lante

+1
Exactly!

For a true "EOW" scenario , it isn't the gun that matters so much as how available ammo and spare parts are!
Anything that will allow you to get a better gun works. Remember the idea behind the FP-45 "Liberator" pistols dropped to insurgents during WWII.

For a true long term end of the world (depending on how long it takes the world to end) gun I am thinking black powder and a good supply of bullet molds.
For the EOW battle scenario the requirements are different....

centermass

+1

Agree about the .22. couple months ago I bought a walther p22 for practicing as its much cheaper for ammo. I also have plans to stick this gun when not at range in a bug out bag with all the essentials for couple days ( not just end of world, could just be earthquake etc. look at katrina and all the looting)

Been wanting to go to a surplus store get all my stuff cheap (bag and such) but best one I know of is one by starbucks headquarters and thats a drive with my schedule

k.rollin

My EOW gun, if I could only have one, would be an AR15 KISS carbine. The weapon itself, parts, accessories, and ammunition are all common and easily available. It would be good for self defense as well as for putting food in my belly. I'd likely choose a polymer 9mm for an EOW handgun.

For a survival type gun, I'd probably pick an M6 Scout. Really my ideal selection depends on the specific hypothetical circumstances. The best gun for me, in all actuality is whatever I pick up when the time comes.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

+1

Agree about the .22. couple months ago I bought a walther p22 for practicing as its much cheaper for ammo. I also have plans to stick this gun when not at range in a bug out bag with all the essentials for couple days ( not just end of world, could just be earthquake etc. look at katrina and all the looting)

Been wanting to go to a surplus store get all my stuff cheap (bag and such) but best one I know of is one by starbucks headquarters and thats a drive with my schedule

Have you tried Ed's surplus in Lynnwood?