• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No CCW, How's the Fair?

ZackL

Okay, so the county fair is coming up and I want to go for a few reasons. However, when I clock it on my odometer it reads .2-.25 miles from the school in Calhan. I know I'm safe at 1000 feet, but I'm still a little concerned that the distances may be skewed or that the odometer off. Anyone carry at the fair last year without a CCW? Anyone have any issues whatsoever last year?

Thanks.

maynerd

Okay, so the county fair is coming up and I want to go for a few reasons. However, when I clock it on my odometer it reads .2-.25 miles from the school in Calhan. I know I'm safe at 1000 feet, but I'm still a little concerned that the distances may be skewed or that the odometer off. Anyone carry at the fair last year without a CCW? Anyone have any issues whatsoever last year?

Thanks.

i opened carry two years ago and no problem. i guess since the fairground is private property your ok its not like your in the street walking by the school

ZackL

Well, I guess I'll find out for sure tonight. It's dollar day and, because I'm so dang broke all the time, it's my chance to go enjoy. Here's to hoping I can work up the courage to open carry around the fair, but if not, it's sure to be fun.

ColoradoFlyer

And that brings up another questions. Is the school zone restriction applicable 24/7? Even when classes are not in session or in the middle of the night while walking the dogs. I have been walking the dog in the neighborhood and there is a school that I pass that I am probable within 1000 feet of... Should I not walk on that street at anytime while OC??

ZackL

I didn't get to go tonight because I had to take care of a few things at home. I'll see about going tomorrow, and I've been wondering the same exact thing. I mean it doesn't seem like the law should be applicable in off-time, but there is nothing in the law that gives it restrictions to my knowledge (I'm sure someone will be able to post the law itself). I wish the law wasn't even there and the federal ban was lifted because I really don't want my kids, when I have them, to be going to a school where they can be a victim of some pissed off SOB with a hair up his... you know.