• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd to 'renew' my library card last week.

Fallschirjmäger

Topofhisgame.jpg

Last edited:

Malum Prohibitum

Ness, I gotta ask: Did you read my full post and understand it or just the title? Have you fully read SB308 and understand the provisions?

If you did read and understand my full post, and have read and understand SB308, what do I need to do to prevent future questions?

Just to explain, the Cobb County Library Board offices are in the Cobb County Central Library and is off limits to carry INTO the building. The other branches through out the county are not off limits to those with a GWL. As I explained in my first post, prior to the passage of SB308, I could not even leave the gun in my car in the branch parking lot because I was going TO what was covered by the 'public gathering' provisions of the old OCGA 16-11-127. Now the only library building off limits to carry INTO is the main library, but I can carry TO it and secure my gun in my vehicle.

The only other off limits provision is when the library board is actualy meeting at one of the branches (not likely at 9AM) and only for the time of the meeting. I still can carry TO the branch when the board meets.

You are truly missed, Wiley.