Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It has come to my attention that the Howell Gun Club has Banned OC on club property.

It has come to my attention that the Howell Gun Club has Banned OC on club property.

Just an FYI. I posted my thoughts in the Howell Gun Club Sub Forum on MGO. You may wish to as well.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98876
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    This is crap. comment posted.

OC in my opinion is a side issue to the other problems that plague nearly all paid ranges in Michigan. Over bearing range officers, high fees, no rapid fire or hip shooting rules, no good ways allowed to practice legitimate combat shooting, in my opinion, these are all extremely anti second amendment things, because it prohibits practicing to maintain the security of your free state as part of your militia duties.

I'd carry concealed or even just unloaded and encased happily all day long at a range that allowed practical combat type target shooting.

Granted I'm ranting about this not even knowing if this range allows practical shooting, but my only point is that I think there are bigger fish to fry in terms of range reform.
    Last edited by Michigander; 07-21-2010 at 12:25 PM.

They allow practical shooting. this is where RSF Steve Fisher teaches.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    You just cant beat the pit in lapeer. The only thing I dont understand, is why arent there more of these places?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    You just cant beat the pit in lapeer. The only thing I dont understand, is why arent there more of these places?
    Michigan has more state land per acre than most others. But Michigan is basically a huge butchered forest, filled with small, young trees that are densely packed together because of some loggers about 100-150 years ago, who I hope against hope are burning in hell. It's also a fairly flat state, especially in most of the southern parts.

This doesn't do well for making a lot of wide open public access shooting spots on state land.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Did RSF have anything to do with the ban? He is/was an Board officer if this club.

Too bad really, we had a MOC/SAM CPL course there last year.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Michigan has more state land per acre than most others. But Michigan is basically a huge butchered forest, filled with small, young trees that are densely packed together because of some loggers about 100-150 years ago, who I hope against hope are burning in hell. It's also a fairly flat state, especially in most of the southern parts.

This doesn't do well for making a lot of wide open public access shooting spots on state land.
    And most gravel pits are privetly owned.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Did RSF have anything to do with the ban? He is/was an Board officer if this club.

I have no idea.. The club secretary has not responded yet to my email requesting confirmation of the policy. However it was a Club member that brought it to my attention.

It is my opinion (yes, worth exactly what you paid for it) that any gun club that restricts... yes... infringes on gun rights is hypocritical, an insult, and isn't worth spit.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Steve is president of the Post 46 Gun Club in pinckney,Not Howell Gun Club
    Last edited by DetroitBiker; 07-21-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBiker View Post
    Steve is president of the Post 46 gun club in pinckney,Not Howell gun glub
    Okay, I was confused as Steve lives in Howell.

Here is a Post on MGO from Ed Hoffman,The President of Howell Gun Club.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...4&postcount=42
    Last edited by DetroitBiker; 07-21-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    It is my opinion (yes, worth exactly what you paid for it) that any gun club that restricts... yes... infringes on gun rights is hypocritical, an insult, and isn't worth spit.
    I agree, and I take the same stance on gun stores too.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    I agree, and I take the same stance on gun stores too.
    It could be an insurance restriction. If so, they can shop for a different company.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Other ranges but not HGC.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post

That was Post 46 not HGC

Heres the thing, Not alot of members show up to the meetings at HGC. The last meeting
    they voted on it while a few of the board members were not even there.

This new rule could be reversed very easily if the members show up and voice
    there opinion against it at the next meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Other ranges but not HGC.

Gotcha!

back to the topic under discussion it sounds like that a minority got this passed at a poorly attended July meeting.

This is why any rules change at our club requires an announcement to the membership before it can be voted on.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBiker View Post
    Heres the thing, Not alot of members show up to the meetings at HGC. The last meeting
    they voted on it while a few of the board members were not even there.

This new rule could be reversed very easily if the members show up and voice
    there opinion against it at the next meeting.

and I hope this happens!

and I hope this happens!
    Me too

okay, i found a place for practical shooting. Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club has IDPA practice every wednesday for $8 and $15 to qualify for matches. matches are $20. i think it is open to non-members. i would call first.

they also have IPSC

http://www.raccoonhunters.org/

i do not know if they allow OC, but there is no CCW on IDPA or ISPC match days. i would assume that there is no OC on those days as well.
    Last edited by ElectricianLU58; 07-21-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    okay, i found a place for practical shooting. Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club has IDPA practice every wednesday for $8 and $15 to qualify for matches. matches are $20. i think it is open to non-members. i would call first.

they also have IPSC

http://www.raccoonhunters.org/

i do not know if they allow OC, but there is no CCW on IDPA or ISPC match days. i would assume that there is no OC on those days as well.
    If you are not there for IDPA or USPSA then why should the ban apply to you? I understand the need for a cold range during competition but that does not mean the entire club property need be a PFZ.

What do they think we are going to do draw on them while they are competing?

Banned

What do they think we are going to do draw on them while they are competing?
    Exactly. There is never a good time, nor a good reason for law abiding gun owners to be disarmed. Publicly, or privately.

you hope loggers are burning in hell? I sure hope you own nothing made of wood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast