• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It has come to my attention that the Howell Gun Club has Banned OC on club property.

ElectricianLU58

okay, i found a place for practical shooting. Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club has IDPA practice every wednesday for $8 and $15 to qualify for matches. matches are $20. i think it is open to non-members. i would call first.

they also have IPSC

http://www.raccoonhunters.org/

i do not know if they allow OC, but there is no CCW on IDPA or ISPC match days. i would assume that there is no OC on those days as well.

Last edited:

autosurgeon

okay, i found a place for practical shooting. Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club has IDPA practice every wednesday for $8 and $15 to qualify for matches. matches are $20. i think it is open to non-members. i would call first.

they also have IPSC

http://www.raccoonhunters.org/

i do not know if they allow OC, but there is no CCW on IDPA or ISPC match days. i would assume that there is no OC on those days as well.

If you are not there for IDPA or USPSA then why should the ban apply to you? I understand the need for a cold range during competition but that does not mean the entire club property need be a PFZ.

What do they think we are going to do draw on them while they are competing?

Michigander

you hope loggers are burning in hell? I sure hope you own nothing made of wood.

I'm a wood worker as a matter of fact. I don't use endangered wood, nor will I use anything that didn't come from a certified forest.

Cutting down hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of square miles of pines that were over 250' tall when Beretta was a young company is utterly unforgiveable. It's almost an accident that Hartwick pines even exists. Anyone who finds my comments offensive, but values nature should visit the park, so that you too can reflect on how ****** up our state is.

Last edited:

malignity

I'm a wood worker as a matter of fact. I don't use endangered wood, nor will I use anything that didn't come from a certified forest.

Cutting down hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of square miles of pines that were over 250' tall when Beretta was a young company is utterly unforgiveable. It's almost an accident that Hartwick pines even exists. Anyone who finds my comments offensive, but values nature should visit the park, so that you too can reflect on how ****** up our state is.

I remember visiting Hartwick pines as a kid on a field trip.

One of the most beautiful places left in Michigan, next to perhaps Ocqueoc Falls.

Michigander

I remember visiting Hartwick pines as a kid on a field trip.

One of the most beautiful places left in Michigan, next to perhaps Ocqueoc Falls.

After hiking extensively around the western mountains of this country, I've come to realize that this entire state pretty much sucks for scenery. Now granted, I can't argue with sand dunes, some decently fun big hills, a few mini mountains, and endless shorelines, but once you've seen all that a bunch of times like I have touring the state on the Michigander, it ends up getting boring. I'm actually skipping the Michigander this year, it's going on right now, touring some of the nicest parts of the lower peninsula, right around the touristy northern LP, probably even going by Hartwick Pines. I decided I just don't care.

Tucker6900

I've come to realize that this entire state pretty much sucks for scenery.

I think you have just seen too much good scenery elsewhere. Come to Iowa for a week, then tell me how good michigan looks! :D

It must be personal opinion, because no matter how many times I have traveled in and around my home state (Michigan), its always been beautiful to me.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I feel that way too. When I lived in SC and WV, I appreciated the differences, even fell in love with the WV mountains, but I always missed Michigan. At least in most places in Michigan, the wildlife wont try to eat you. And at least there are a few people left around here that can drive through the snow. A dying breed Im afraid.