• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Received Crticism for OC?

protias

One note, do not OC at Texas Roadhouse. OC is illegal in places serving alcohol in AZ, only licensed CC is permitted. Carry on. :)
So how is that going to work out with their new (or is it old?) found Constitutional Carry? :p

Last edited:

armyman29340

I point to my scar from a gunshot wound to the head I receaved driving a Taxi in 1994.

As you may, or may not, be able to tell by my name on the forums here, I'm a medic in the Army. One would think that being a service member, one would want to protect themselves from potential dangerous situations. Especially if they've been to the 'Raq or the 'Stan. Now, unfortunately, I haven't been deployed yet, however I still have that mental urge to want to protect myself and my Family. Add to that, the feeling to want to express my 2nd Amendment Right. I OC everywhere I go, and in my home my .45 is always an arms reach away.

That being said, I recently hung out with a bunch of my Army buddies at Texas Roadhouse in Sierra Vista, and I was OCing. I expected the typical looks from civies in the restaraunt, however, I was not expecting the looks or the comments that I got from my bro's. Now, they could've just been screwing with me, but their tone of voice and the way they said things, made me assume otherwise.

Being ridiculed and questioned by people about why one decides to OC or why they feel that they need to is perfectly normal. However, being questioned and ridiculed by people who serve this country to preserve freedom and the rights of Americans is not what I expected. I tried to explain to them that I OC for several reasons (ie. Personal protection and exercising my 2nd Amendment Right, etc) and they just shot me down, saying it was the dumbest f-ing thing they've heard of and that if I feel the need to carry a weapon wherever I go then I should go to the mental health department and get checked out; things of that nature. Needless to say, I was a tad hurt by the experience.

So the question for today is: How often have you been ridiculed by people who are close to you? How did you handle it? What did you say? Was the conflict resolved?

azcdlfred

So how is that going to work out with their new (or is it old?) found Constitutional Carry? :p
The new Constitutional Carry law changes nothing regarding Restaurant Carry. You will still need to possess a valid CCW permit to carry in a place where alcohol is served (and that allows firearms), and you may only carry "concealed."

Fred

KRM59

In shock

As you may, or may not, be able to tell by my name on the forums here, I'm a medic in the Army. One would think that being a service member, one would want to protect themselves from potential dangerous situations. Especially if they've been to the 'Raq or the 'Stan. Now, unfortunately, I haven't been deployed yet, however I still have that mental urge to want to protect myself and my Family. Add to that, the feeling to want to express my 2nd Amendment Right. I OC everywhere I go, and in my home my .45 is always an arms reach away.

That being said, I recently hung out with a bunch of my Army buddies at Texas Roadhouse in Sierra Vista, and I was OCing. I expected the typical looks from civies in the restaraunt, however, I was not expecting the looks or the comments that I got from my bro's. Now, they could've just been screwing with me, but their tone of voice and the way they said things, made me assume otherwise.

Being ridiculed and questioned by people about why one decides to OC or why they feel that they need to is perfectly normal. However, being questioned and ridiculed by people who serve this country to preserve freedom and the rights of Americans is not what I expected. I tried to explain to them that I OC for several reasons (ie. Personal protection and exercising my 2nd Amendment Right, etc) and they just shot me down, saying it was the dumbest f-ing thing they've heard of and that if I feel the need to carry a weapon wherever I go then I should go to the mental health department and get checked out; things of that nature. Needless to say, I was a tad hurt by the experience.

So the question for today is: How often have you been ridiculed by people who are close to you? How did you handle it? What did you say? Was the conflict resolved?

I do not know your sevice buddies, But and i will be blunt. I did serve and ate my share of sand. Ask your Buddies why they Joined the service ! they have there rights to there opinon, I support that, but to chastise a fellow service member for exersizing there right to self protection and support of there A2 rights is just wrong. Lets just hope they were just pulling your chains. if not try to educate them on there rights and respocibilities.

Last edited:

KRM59

People who are close to me (that do not necessarily approve of carrying firearms, OC or CC) learned long ago that ridicule was not a good way to air their views. When I was younger, I handled it by putting them in various uncomfortable and/or painful positions while I explained my reasons -- I now handle it with more patience (in keeping with being a Pastor, I guess) taking the time to politely explain myself. If they continue in their behavior, I simply keep my mouth shut, ignore them, and disengage from the relationship (yes, this includes family). I don't have the time or the energy to expend of such nonsense.

All conflict was resolved -- one way or another.

Amen Pastor, to Teacher the Flock, one must also protect the Flock

crisisweasel

So the question for today is: How often have you been ridiculed by people who are close to you? How did you handle it? What did you say? Was the conflict resolved
No stranger has ever approached me, but woe to he who does for I will rant at him in an extended polemic at a length that would make Atlas Shrugged look like a haiku.

Friends and family know not to bring up guns around me. My commitment to this right is emotional, deeply rooted, and is my oldest, consistently held political value. I held it for some 15 years before actually owning a gun. From an early age, the concept of the state (and criminals) owning guns, while citizens were prohibited from doing so seemed so obviously and monumentally dumb to me, the position seemed obvious. And it still does. I've learned many moral, philosophical, and utilitarian arguments in favor of gun ownership but at heart the "you must be kidding me" reason tends to assert itself when I find someone thinks it's a good idea for common citizens to be disarmed.

I have rhapsodized at length on the subject, probably boring people to the point that they wanted to claw their face off.

No one who knows me in real life has any confusion or doubt as to where I stand on this issue. Hence, there is no reason to bring it up. Even if they are not impressed by my logic, I will win the argument by exhaustion, as I am up for talking about this issue any time, for any reason, with any one - for hours, until everyone passes out.

My father purposefully winds me up just to watch me go as he laughs at me inside (not for any political reason - he is at least moderately pro-gun; it just amuses him).

One time, when a dormmate in college made the terrible and unfortunate choice to take issue with guns, I proceeded to annoy him out of his own room by having the entire predictable debate all by myself, literally using a carelessly discarded sock as a puppet representing his position (or actually him), making his argument in an effeminate, high pitched voice.

He later informed me it was annoying because he was just making casual conversation and I knew his own argument better than even he did. Also he was high at the time and the sock puppet version of him was making him paranoid.

Last edited:

pullnshoot25

No stranger has ever approached me, but woe to he who does for I will rant at him in an extended polemic at a length that would make Atlas Shrugged look like a haiku.

Friends and family know not to bring up guns around me. My commitment to this right is emotional, deeply rooted, and is my oldest, consistently held political value. I held it for some 15 years before actually owning a gun. From an early age, the concept of the state (and criminals) owning guns, while citizens were prohibited from doing so seemed so obviously and monumentally dumb to me, the position seemed obvious. And it still does. I've learned many moral, philosophical, and utilitarian arguments in favor of gun ownership but at heart the "you must be kidding me" reason tends to assert itself when I find someone thinks it's a good idea for common citizens to be disarmed.

I have rhapsodized at length on the subject, probably boring people to the point that they wanted to claw their face off.

No one who knows me in real life has any confusion or doubt as to where I stand on this issue. Hence, there is no reason to bring it up. Even if they are not impressed by my logic, I will win the argument by exhaustion, as I am up for talking about this issue any time, for any reason, with any one - for hours, until everyone passes out.

My father purposefully winds me up just to watch me go as he laughs at me inside (not for any political reason - he is at least moderately pro-gun; it just amuses him).

One time, when a dormmate in college made the terrible and unfortunate choice to take issue with guns, I proceeded to annoy him out of his own room by having the entire predictable debate all by myself, literally using a carelessly discarded sock as a puppet representing his position (or actually him), making his argument in an effeminate, high pitched voice.

He later informed me it was annoying because he was just making casual conversation and I knew his own argument better than even he did. Also he was high at the time and the sock puppet version of him was making him paranoid.

This is classic and full of win.

CARRY ON!

-N8

SixtyEightWhiskey

EPIC. That is all.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran

I demand Video of this incident! :lol: