Thread: MWAG call:deputies' disdain for Constitution captured by their own recorded comments

MWAG call:deputies' disdain for Constitution captured by their own recorded comments

Even though this is about a rifle, I think this is still something you all may be interested in. If not, I appologize!! I could not believe my eyes and ears. Is this what our country is coming too?

http://www.kccn.tv/

Banned
    I don't understand why criminal charges are not being pursued against these officers. All the evidence necessary for conspiracy charges are on the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I don't understand why criminal charges are not being pursued against these officers. All the evidence necessary for conspiracy charges are on the tape.
    Come on Eye95, we know the answer. This happened in California and there were guns involved. Not only were the officers NOT arrested, the gun owner has multiple felony charges pending.

Lots more discussion in the CA forum.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    While that answer may give you a nice warm feeling of self-satisfaction, it does not answer the question: Why aren't these officers facing criminal charges? Can't the feds press charges of civil rights violations? Can't the victim swear out warrants for violating State laws?

Instead of perceiving incidents such as these as symptomatic of system-wide failure, treat each one as an individual crime and pursue it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Instead of perceiving incidents such as these as symptomatic of system-wide failure, treat each one as an individual crime and pursue it as such.
    Exactly. It is this defeatist attitude that has allowed so many blatant abuses of power to go unchecked.

Mr. Hart seems to have bought into the "can't fight City Hall" lie himself, which is why nothing is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Not only were the officers NOT arrested, the gun owner has multiple felony charges pending.
    The charges have been settled. A judge dismissed two charges, and the others were dropped in exchange for pleading guilty to a single misdemeanor (the video didn't say what it was).

The police still have his guns, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
    Mr. Hart seems to have bought into the "can't fight City Hall" lie himself, which is why nothing is being done.
    I thought it was more like he bought into the "can't risk a conviction on multiple felonies with just a public defender" attitude. Can't say that I blame him.

I am assuming the misdemeanor was negligent firing of the weapon. Since they stated there were cars driving behind his property.

But still, he should be fighting the county for the jobs of the deputies for all the wrong doings against him.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy67 View Post
    I am assuming the misdemeanor was negligent firing of the weapon. Since they stated there were cars driving behind his property.

But still, he should be fighting the county for the jobs of the deputies for all the wrong doings against him.
    The negligent discharge is considered a felony. His misdemeanor was for resisting and obstructing arrest. These officer's unprofessional conduct makes me sick to my stomach. I'm afraid incidences like this will happen again and it truly saddens me. We need to make it known that we will not stand for it and continue on the fight for our rights.

The longer I watched this the more pissed off I got. Not only were 2nd and 4th amendment rights violated, the officer's procedural approach was way off. In a true hostile situation most, if not all, of those officers would have been killed or seriously wounded.

This is what we're up against though. Video evidence of gross rights violations and the victim still gets charged with a crime. Until we can show that we're not afraid to go after corrupt cops its only going to get worse.

A Sympton of a Larger Problem

When people are deprived of their arms, criminals flourish and that includes bad cops. Theft is theft, regardless of who does it. We now see that armed citizens are needed not only to keep criminals in check, but law enforcement, as well. If their superiors feared the voters, there would have been a different outcome. Obviously, the elitist Sheriff's office has no problem with this. If armed citizens don't revolt, this is what they can expect from their government.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!