• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Frys yesterday

desertw0lf

I went to Fry's yesterday to pick some stuff up, and carried while I was there. When I arrived there were four cop cars parked outside. I debated not going in, but lights weren't flashing and it is not uncommon for them to sometimes be there during their break time, it seems.

Went without a hitch. Only one sideways look. One thing I DID notice, however is that certain employees did come up to me quite often to make sure I had everything I needed, and I kept getting asked if there was anything else they could help me find or I was looking for. Kind of like "hurry up and leave" sort of tone.

Oh well.
Fun day, I love fry's but spend too much cash there.

Nevada carrier

start looking at big ticket items and you definitely wont feel like you are being rushed out of there. Rushed into a purchase perhaps, but not rushed out the door. Fry's associates don't get commission, but they do get performance bonuses. That's why no matter how small your purchase is, they want to print a sales slip for you to take to the cashier with you; it's how their performance is tracked. They approach people so they can ask them to print up a sales slip for the merchandise they have picked out but haven't yet taken to the check out.

I've OC'ed their frequently, one sales rep told me MWAG = MWDI (Man with disposable income) :D

28kfps

Good to see Fry’s is still open carry friendly. It has been posted in the past. I to have open carried there also no problems.

BionicJumpy

Fry's

I went to Fry's yesterday to pick some stuff up, and carried while I was there. When I arrived there were four cop cars parked outside. I debated not going in, but lights weren't flashing and it is not uncommon for them to sometimes be there during their break time, it seems.

Went without a hitch. Only one sideways look. One thing I DID notice, however is that certain employees did come up to me quite often to make sure I had everything I needed, and I kept getting asked if there was anything else they could help me find or I was looking for. Kind of like "hurry up and leave" sort of tone.

Oh well.
Fun day, I love fry's but spend too much cash there.

I OC'd there last week, 3 days in a row looking for a specific phone, and prior to that as well. I was never questioned about my Big K.