• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serpa Level II problem

Dreamer

I use Blue LocTite on all the screws on my Serpa's, and they have NEVER gotten loose, with nearly 2 years o daily carry. And I'm not easy on them...

As for the Serpa mag carriers, I LOVE mine. I have 3--2 tan and one black. I use them for daily carry AND for USPSA, and I've never had a single issue with them. I carry Glock 36 mags in the black one, and Para Ordnance P14.45 mags in the tan ones, and never had any problems. The mags stay put, and the carriers are VERY secure on my belt.

Even with all the running, jumping, and crawling around on the ground of USPSA, these mag carriers have been excellent performers. Secure, and quick to draw mags from.

Granted, these are single mag carriers (not the double mag units that Grape is speaking of), but even with my super heavy, all-steel, double-stack Para P14 mags, the Serpa mag carriers are secure and stable as all-get-out.

No complaints at all from me on ANY Blackhawk/Serpa gear. I think that you must have gotten a "lemon" with your mag carrier, Grape. Keep on them--give them a call. It's been my experience that Blackhawk has fantastic, friendly, and speedy customer service.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm trying to visualize Grapeshot going to the women's counter asking for some fingernail polish, then mentioning to the clerk that it is just to keep his holster screws tight.

You don't have some in you gun kit? It is cheap, keeps well in the bottle - I always buy the clear. Also have Q-tips, emery boards and hand cream from the same counter.
icon11.png

Works well as an emergency glue also, but you have to keep in mind that it has acetone in it - can be a solvent to some plastics.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I use Blue LocTite on all the screws on my Serpa's, and they have NEVER gotten loose, with nearly 2 years o daily carry. And I'm not easy on them...

As for the Serpa mag carriers, I LOVE mine. I have 3--2 tan and one black. I use them for daily carry AND for USPSA, and I've never had a single issue with them. I carry Glock 36 mags in the black one, and Para Ordnance P14.45 mags in the tan ones, and never had any problems. The mags stay put, and the carriers are VERY secure on my belt.

Even with all the running, jumping, and crawling around on the ground of USPSA, these mag carriers have been excellent performers. Secure, and quick to draw mags from.

Granted, these are single mag carriers (not the double mag units that Grape is speaking of), but even with my super heavy, all-steel, double-stack Para P14 mags, the Serpa mag carriers are secure and stable as all-get-out.

No complaints at all from me on ANY Blackhawk/Serpa gear. I think that you must have gotten a "lemon" with your mag carrier, Grape. Keep on them--give them a call. It's been my experience that Blackhawk has fantastic, friendly, and speedy customer service.

I have 4 single style Serpa mag carriers (2 blk, 2 tan) and agree they are great.

The double, for single stack .45 ACP, is a total, absolute joke. The mags themselves will be left exposed nearly twice as high as with the single/individual carrier and at opposite angles (not straight up and down) due to the previously mentioned internal ridges. The shop from whom I purchased it could not believe the extent of the problem and said they would order no more until the condition was resolved - that has been over a year now.

Oh and one more major flaw - the universal design belt clip will NOT accept a standard gun belt. The clip will NOT close over a belt and lay flat a smooth against your body - it tilts the top of the mags against your back. The fault is that the clip is like an inverted V rather that an inverted L - there is zero space at the top of it for a belt thicker than a piece of paper. Further the belt slots are too narrow to accept but the flimsiest of belts - a web instructor style belt CANNOT be pulled through with a pair of pliers. Note it is NOT the same design as the single carrier clip.

If you can find one in a shop, try it and you will see what I mean.

Maybe I'll renew my efforts with Blackhawk to their benefit as well as mine, but I finally quit in disgust after months of trying to get it resolved.

Lolcanoe

double mag holder

I recently purchased the previously mentioned blackhawk, 2x single stack magazine holder. I wear a 3/16th inch thick leather belt, about an inch and a quarter wide and the only problem is my belt is a bit too meaty to fit through without some pulling, but it sits in place for me when I get it positioned. I'm using 2 Wilson Combat mags pointed to the rear and they seem to work fine, however they do ride a bit high. The magazines did fit in there a bit tight at first, but they sit in there just fine now. As for the clip, it has almost a shallow J shape to it. Maybe they did a little massaging to the design, IDK.

As for the SERPA holster, I can say it's pretty strong. I was walking around the house one day empty holstered, caught the outside of the holster on the door frame, and just about tore the doorknob striker thing out of the frame. I had to go back and retighten the striker after though, but the holster came through unscathed.