Thread: Yikes!

Last edited by cabbitone; 10-08-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    Everything posted by me should be viewed is hypothetical ONLY. And should not be viewed or understood as my opinion, a suggestion, or recommendation to or not to preform or take any action.

Heck you have a Glock 21sf as a BUG? What is your primary?

I carry a BUG in my front left pocket and I have caught several times if I have bumped into a counter/table that sometimes the mag-release has been pressed. In my case being right handed the solution is to carry it in my right pocket so the mag release button doesn't get hit if I bump into something. So I don't know if your case is really anything Glock specific or simply a normal use problem with mag releases.

I was gonna' say... Backup gun? I carry a G21 as a primary. Though mine doesn't have the ambi. mag release.

I was thinkin' the same thing. If a guy carries a G21SF for a BUG, what does his primary look like... An M136/AT-4?

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone View Post
    Heh, when I saw it lying there I swore at myself(in my head) for not carrying a revolver.
    I generally carry a revolver, a Smith & Wesson Model 10. No worries about mags there. I sometimes carry a Springfield 1911A1, which I love also but the S&W model 10's my fav.

Now I'm not bashing Glocks but from posts I've read there seems to be problems with mags dropping out. Does this happen very ofton or does it just seem that way from the posts I've read? I'm asking because my nephew's looking at getting a Glock in .40 S&W. He was'nt interested in a 1911A1, called it a "old fashioned iron slab".

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I was thinkin' the same thing. If a guy carries a G21SF for a BUG, what does his primary look like... An M136/AT-4?

Did anyone else notice the unfired round in the air with all the empties? How is that possible?

mini-gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    Did anyone else notice the unfired round in the air with all the empties? How is that possible?
    They are electrically cycled, right?

The AT-4 is a single shot/single use weapon that fires an 84mm anti-tank projectile. The brass you see flying is from an unknown MG that is obviously somewhere in close proximity.

I just thought the picture was kewl, but maybe this one is better.

ETA: I've never had a mag inadvertently drop out of any of our Glocks. It sounds like operator error.
    Last edited by hp-hobo; 07-22-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

How is noticing the unfired round possible?

I don't know. O.C.D. Maybe?

McX
    been there, done that, hated it. i was cc in the shop one day, and a hood comes in to sniff us over, hadn't trimmed down the mag. release on my hi point yet, and was carrying by the shoulder, must have squeezed her, and she spit the mag. out, fell down my coat, and landed on the floor between me and the hood. he didn't say a word while i retrieved it, but i think he got the message.

i think he got the message.
    That you were now packing a single shot?

oh snap

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    That you were now packing a single shot?

Actually, I think there are TWO unfired rounds in that pic...

Gotta love a gun that requires a battery for operation! No need to "tap-rack-bang" when it doesn't go "bang"...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-AT-4_live-fire.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	3346  
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-22-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Actually, I think there are TWO unfired rounds in that pic...

Gotta love a gun that requires a battery for operation! No need to "tap-rack-bang" when it doesn't go "bang"...
    You'd be wrong, unless you'd have said it was this one.
    Last edited by Jack House; 07-26-2010 at 07:17 PM.

I see 0 unfired rounds in the picture. the weapon being fired is either a SAW or a Minigun.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I see 0 unfired rounds in the picture. the weapon being fired is either a SAW or a Minigun.
    Unless it's a Dillon Aero M-134 Gatling Gun, which cycles electrically, and automatically de-links the chains with an electric delinker as it fires...

http://www.dillonaero.com/content/p/...ernization_Kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7J2rbUFyJ8

Electrically motorized multi-barreled minguns could technically cycle an entire belt of duds. The loading and ejection is not dependent on the gas pressure of the fired cartridges--cycling is completely electro-mechanical...

Dillon is making a new version that has a lot of lightweight titanium parts, and is under 50lbs for a crew-served version, including mount. The original steel version was over 66lbs...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-26-2010 at 11:17 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Because it's a staged photo and someone off camera threw a bunch of fired casings and links into the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by ODA 226 View Post
    Because it's a staged photo and someone off camera threw a bunch of fired casings and links into the picture!

I'm glad someone else noticed the odd look of the casings. I looked at this pic in Photoshop under high magnification, and to my trained eye, it looks like the casings MAY have been photoshopped into the pic altogether. If you zoom way in, they have a completely different pixel density and dithering pattern than the rest of the photo...
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Loaded magazines drop out of Glocks when the button is pressed.

Yes, I know! Amazing!

The real issue may be whether or not the holster is cut incorrectly such that part of the kydex or leather can exert pressure on the magazine release button. I have purchased one or two holsters with this flaw. I simply shaved the leather or kydex down until it was fully relieved.
    Last edited by 230therapy; 07-27-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I'm glad someone else noticed the odd look of the casings. I looked at this pic in Photoshop under high magnification, and to my trained eye, it looks like the casings MAY have been photoshopped into the pic altogether. If you zoom way in, they have a completely different pixel density and dithering pattern than the rest of the photo...
    That's just because of how jpg compression works