• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDOT Adopt-a-Highway Chesterfield, MI Sept 26

sprinklerguy28

MOC has adopted another section of highway. It will be I-94 between 21 and 23 Mile Road in Chesterfield, MI.

The next pickup date will be Sunday September 26. We will start at 1:00p.m.

Please post to confirm your attendance. We will need a few people to volunteer that have larger vehicles to carpool to the highway. We will meet at the Park and Ride on the southeast corner of I-94 and 23 Mile Road.

scot623

I'm in. 10-20 volunteers would be optimal. We could work both sides of the highway at the same time with a large enough crew. We need drivers to follow along side collecting full trash bags so anyone not wanting to walk the highway would be super helpful as a driver!

RandyK

I am in for sure!! Can't wait as a matter of fact. Nothing like helping the environment while exercising your rights. I have a Chevy Tahoe that seats five, plus people in the back if necessary. If we fold the seats down it will also hold many bags of garbage. If anybody wants to car pool from Warren area let me know.

Ruckus

This is almost literally my backyard so I'm in. As much as I hate to say it I do have some physical limitations, but I can offer to use my p/u truck for whatever reason. It's white and would be easily visible to traffic.

fozzy71

I already know were Fozzy lives. I have know problem picking him up. Three seats left, who else is in?

Speaking of which, next time you are in the area bring a couple of XXL shirts with you. The MOC shirts seem to run a bit smaller than the rest of my T's in my closet so the first 2 MOC shirts I bought will go to my brother. ;)

sprinklerguy28

I am in and replied before but don't see my reply now. Have larger van if needed. I thoght bags get picked up by trash company?

You are correct sir. We bag the garbage and the state picks them up.

Glad to see everyone volunteering.

Last edited:

sprinklerguy28

One week away. Any others planning on attending. Post here or PM me. I want to make sure I have enough safety vests on hand for everyone.

Confirmed Attendance

sprinklerguy28
Scot623
RandyK
NHCGRPR45
fozzy71
bandersnatch
stanr2
Glock9mmOldStyle
RenegadeMarine

Last edited: