• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone else hate the ads that run in the posts?

MamaLiberty

Yeah, I ignore the body one. The funny ones are the Front Sight and Close Combat ones. I've looked at them both and they are a joke. I don't dare click on the Outdoors Trader ad. I'm broke! :)

KBCraig

vBulletin screws up the formatting with certain ads. That's all. Sometimes I have to hunt for the post, and I find the text in the margin below the user's name.

M

McX

i kinda liked the are you fat? ads, until i found out it wasn't offering a lighter gun to take a few pounds off.

Michigander

I rather enjoy the idea that we can have a nice and stable server with no need for PBS grade begathon fund raising. So I like the ads.

MKEgal

I could ignore the ads, but the flashing ones at the top of the page take up bandwidth. Every time I open a page I click on the "stop" X so they freeze. I wish they would go to stable ads.

(& no, I don't mean places with horses. Jeesh, gotta head you guys off at the pass. Oops, another pun. I'd better get away from the keyboard for a little while.)