• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Other forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the cordial and polite members of another gun-rights forum "mdshooters", for the delightfully open-minded, free-speech-positive, and mature welcome I received there recently.

The warm welcome I've received on that forum is an exemplary display of the progressive and tolerant culture of truth, free speech, and acceptance for "thinking outside the box" in MD. It's quite evident that this culture of open thinking and intellectual honesty is what has led to the tremendous respect that their elected officials and law enforcement community show toward gun rights.

Keep up the good work, fellas...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the cordial and polite members of another gun-rights forum "mdshooters", for the delightfully open-minded, free-speech-positive, and mature welcome I received there recently.

The warm welcome I've received on that forum is an exemplary display of the progressive and tolerant culture of truth, free speech, and acceptance for "thinking outside the box" in MD. It's quite evident that this culture of open thinking and intellectual honesty is what has led to the tremendous respect that their elected officials and law enforcement community show toward gun rights.

Keep up the good work, fellas...

I'm confused which Maryland are you talking about? :confused:

Dreamer

Oops...

I forgot to insert the <sarcasm> tags. :monkey

Sorry about that... :uhoh:

Last edited:

Mr H

OK... I'm confused.

I must have missed your entry there...

Since I've been there (admittedly briefly), and from the few folks I met personally this past weekend, I've not encountered anything but folks who are committed to their cause, generally friendly, but definitely "Maryland".

It takes all kinds here (MD). But more often than not they are either multi-generational blue collar folk or serious professionals. Not many in-between. Personally, I land somewhere in the middle, so I fear I may not be representative of the predominant subspecies.

;-))

In any case, there are some who can be brusque and unpleasant... but I would propose that they are not the majority.

Dreamer

Apparently, the dislike for my posts was enough to get an entire thread deleted by the mods, and blocked my ability to post for the better part of the day today...

Apparently, when I started talking about some of the documented misdeeds and improprieties of the MSP in their PTCH issuance procedures, some of the "venerable" members felt I was stepping on the wrong toes, and apparently, when those toes come with BIG post counts, you get smacked down fast...

But I think all is well now...

Dreamer

OK, upon further investigation, it appears that my posts have ALL been deleted--on EVERY single thread I posted too, even those not related to the one in question.

Funny thing is, when I log in as "Dreamer", I see my old posts.

When I use a different username, they are all gone, and a "search for posts by username" comes up blank...

Ah, the joys of censorship...

Sig229

Banned for life.

I can feel the love, MD...

Sorry to hear about the childish behavior from that site, but think about it.
They are people who do nothing but bitch about the horrible gun laws in the state they live, yet they dont want to lift a finger to try and get those laws changed.

When I lived in MD, I tried time and time again to get gun owners to stand up and go to different places and protest. They pretty much laughed at me.
So, in my opinion, they get what they deserve. (not ALL of them of course).
I even wanted to protest outside of the MDSP headquarters, but they thought that was "crazy". Cowards.

Maryland is dead to me.

Last edited:

XD40coyote

People have told me I am a Pennsylvanian. And I used to think of PA as being like some different country- now I know- PA is in the USA. I think I carry MD taint around though, hard to wash it off. Inner Harbor water...

I've been there Dreamer, not with MDshooters, but with the MD Furtrappers. I don't associate with them anymore. Too many idiots for my taste, though it's been a while, Maybe things have changed. Oh wait, it's MDers, what am I thinking? Ah well I had a guy choose me to do the taxidermy on an otter for at least being a trapper. I didn't have time to really get into what happened with me and the trapping association. He caught the otter, his GUN DEALER MD CARRY LISC -NO RESTRICTIONS-HOLDING friend is the guy who will own the mount. I told him that when he came to get the finished mount, he can OC if wants.

Sonora Rebel

Sorry to hear about the childish behavior from that site, but think about it.
They are people who do nothing but bitch about the horrible gun laws in the state they live, yet they dont want to lift a finger to try and get those laws changed.

When I lived in MD, I tried time and time again to get gun owners to stand up and go to different places and protest. They pretty much laughed at me.
So, in my opinion, they get what they deserve. (not ALL of them of course).
I even wanted to protest outside of the MDSP headquarters, but they thought that was "crazy". Cowards.

Maryland is dead to me.

I've become ashamed to admit I was born in Maryland. Any admitted association is an embarrassment. There is no doubt whatever that Arizona is where I belong, in temperment, cultural attitude and socio-political attitude. I was born a 'cowboy'. Marylanders are mostly mypoic, xenophobic... hoplopobic and hopelessly parochial. I write 'Cowboy Poetry'... 'n included a piece of that in one I call 'Cowboy Attitude'...:

(Excerpt:) "The place I was born was in Baltimore City
A strange sort’a town that can be rough and gritty
In fact in some places it can be downright shitty
No wonder I didn’t stay there

When I was a kid I could never relate
To my family and neighbors who thought it so great
I had to get out, before it’s too late
I’d hate to become one of ‘them’

I joined the Navy when I turned seventeen
To go out in the world ‘n see what all’s to be seen
I cut the cord early, if ya know what I mean
‘Cause I never belonged with that bunch

I never did... 'never have. It was only as I grew older I realized why. Nuh-uh... I belong out here in the desert... 'Love it! It's what freedom's all about! I've shed all the 'taint of Maryland that XD40Coyote spoke of (finally). Nobody ever asks where I'm from anymore. I can't relate to Maryland or Marylanders at all... ('n vice-versa). I'll never go back... the place and most of the people disgust me.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've become ashamed to admit I was born in Maryland. Any admitted association is an embarrassment. There is no doubt whatever that Arizona is where I belong, in temperment, cultural attitude and socio-political attitude. I was born a 'cowboy'. Marylanders are mostly mypoic, xenophobic... hoplopobic and hopelessly parochial. I write 'Cowboy Poetry'... 'n included a piece of that in one I call 'Cowboy Attitude'...:

(Excerpt:) "The place I was born was in Baltimore City
A strange sort’a town that can be rough and gritty
In fact in some places it can be downright shitty
No wonder I didn’t stay there

When I was a kid I could never relate
To my family and neighbors who thought it so great
I had to get out, before it’s too late
I’d hate to become one of ‘them’

I joined the Navy when I turned seventeen
To go out in the world ‘n see what all’s to be seen
I cut the cord early, if ya know what I mean
‘Cause I never belonged with that bunch

I never did... 'never have. It was only as I grew older I realized why. Nuh-uh... I belong out here in the desert... 'Love it! It's what freedom's all about! I've shed all the 'taint of Maryland that XD40Coyote spoke of (finally). Nobody ever asks where I'm from anymore. I can't relate to Maryland or Marylanders at all... ('n vice-versa). I'll never go back... the place and most of the people disgust me.

Be true to thine own self.

BTW - this quatrain scheme is seldom seen - unusual, but effective.

XD40coyote

Found another myopic xenophobic MDer who is a gun owner. He doesn't use the internet at all. Well he works where my dad works and my dad is the big kahuna, and I asked dad to ask this guy if he wanted to come to the dinner this saturday night. So dad asks him, and the guy declines. Says something about " I am against open carry" as if it was the only excuse he could give. Sounds more like he is afraid of PA gun owners, has aspergers gun owner disorder ( not uncommon LOL), or just plain suffers from MD Gun Owner Syndrome( VERY common), symptoms of which can be as bad as not wanting to leave the state, unless it is for a gun show. He has to buy his 30 round mags somewhere.

Oh well, I thought this guy would love to come to my open carry dinner ( OC optional) and meet fellow " gun nuts", but I guess the Mason Dixon line is too scary. He's not alone either. My mom has a guy in her office who is getting ready for possible SHTF, and he is always visiting his brother just over in PA not far from us. I asked my mom why doesn't he ask about coming over here, I'd like to talk to him about guns ( he has questions) and I can show him how trapping can be added to the skills list. All she could do was shrug. Some people are just weird like that, and they seem to come from MD.

Sonora Rebel

MD has high levels of Radon in the soil. I think Radon produces all sorts of phobias and promotes mental illness. Look who and what Marylanders vote for. It's the dirt that makes 'em crazy.

XD40coyote

The old time farmers where I live seem to have had stone wall building OCD. How much radon in all those rocks? Volcanic shists, multiconglomerates, and quartzes. Mica, hematite looking stuff, iron ore traces, and weird whatnots ( found something I call "almost rainbow obsidian").

MD has high levels of Radon in the soil. I think Radon produces all sorts of phobias and promotes mental illness. Look who and what Marylanders vote for. It's the dirt that makes 'em crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.