• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when did it get so complicated??

tweeder

when did it all get so complicated? im a educated person, but have no clue why it seems that every politician has a different view how the laws are to be read. when the SCOTUS says that it is a fundamental right to bear arms, who is any level of government to take into consideration how that should affect the tax paying, hard working, law abiding, voting registered, citizens. i cant imagine that when the founding fathers got together to write the constitution of the united states that "bearing arms" was anything other than exactly that. to be able to defends one self, home, family, and country. if the congress and government declares war, the states cant decide that they arent sending people from their state. i am tired of elected officals and whom i help pay their salary, that my rights granted to me by my ancestors fighting a war to liberate from tyranny, be interpruted by people that only have their best interest in mind. i know that the founding fathers were also educated, but i think that governments need to realize that what they were putting on paper ( the constitution) was worded they way they wanted it done. not to be amended or put into other words. i love my rights and sorry for the rant just a little fed up with local governments regulating a lawful exercise such as displaying my sidearm (OC style) to protect myself, family, and home.

cshoff

when did it all get so complicated? im a educated person, but have no clue why it seems that every politician has a different view how the laws are to be read. when the SCOTUS says that it is a fundamental right to bear arms, who is any level of government to take into consideration how that should affect the tax paying, hard working, law abiding, voting registered, citizens. i cant imagine that when the founding fathers got together to write the constitution of the united states that "bearing arms" was anything other than exactly that. to be able to defends one self, home, family, and country. if the congress and government declares war, the states cant decide that they arent sending people from their state. i am tired of elected officals and whom i help pay their salary, that my rights granted to me by my ancestors fighting a war to liberate from tyranny, be interpruted by people that only have their best interest in mind. i know that the founding fathers were also educated, but i think that governments need to realize that what they were putting on paper ( the constitution) was worded they way they wanted it done. not to be amended or put into other words. i love my rights and sorry for the rant just a little fed up with local governments regulating a lawful exercise such as displaying my sidearm (OC style) to protect myself, family, and home.

Our founding fathers and ancestors never "granted" you or me any rights. To the contrary, they felt so strongly that human beings were born with certain rights endowed to them by their Creator, that they codified them into our Bill of Rights as one extra measure to stand in the way between freedom and tyranny.

Also, it's important to realize that our founders completely understood that time is not static, but rather constantly changing and dynamic. For this reason, they put in place a mechanism that would make it impossible for our Constitution to EVER become outdated or obsolete. This mechanism, of course, is the amendment process outlined in Article 5 of our Constitution.

Remember that whenever you hear somebody say that the Constitution is outdated or antiquated. Congress routinely usurps the Constitution, even though a process exists by which they could amend the Constitution if it was indeed necessary. The reasons Congress rarely uses the amendment process are many, the least of which is not the fact that it takes a pretty dang big consensus to actually make amendments (and rightfully so). We The People are also directly responsible for allowing, and even advocating, usurpation's of our Constitution to take place as a matter of "convenience" and apathy. In fact, it is We The People who shoulder the vast majority of the blame when you get right down to it.

So while it's easy to place the blame on crooked, self-serving, no-good, low-down and dirty politicians, they are really only a part of the problem. The other, larger part of the problem is We The People as a collective. We've been far too willing to give up essential freedoms and liberties over the past 100+ years, in exchange for perceived security in the form of government provided "goodies". We are now entering the period in which we will pay the price.