• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming South Bay OC Events

hgreen

Just wanted to let everyone know about our upcoming events in case you are not following us on FB, Twitter, Discussion list, or have not seen our Events page (http://www.southbayopencarry.org/events/)

1) August 4th, 7:30pm - I will be on The Filter with Fred Roggin discussing Open Carry - http://www.nbclosangeles.com/station/shows/The-Filter-with-Fred-Roggin-58170267.html

2) August 7th, 10am - SBOC will have an Open Carry event at the Redondo Beach Pier Shopping Center where we will pass out fliers and talk to people about open carry rights.

Hope to see you all there!

Ca Patriot

you wont be the only armed people at the redondo pier, haha. seriously, that place is so ghetto now. i know they have had a few shootings there.
i hate redondo beach pd, they almost arrested me for riding my bike through the pier area.
good luck with your event.

have you had any contact with the police chief there ?

hgreen

you wont be the only armed people at the redondo pier, haha. seriously, that place is so ghetto now. i know they have had a few shootings there.
i hate redondo beach pd, they almost arrested me for riding my bike through the pier area.
good luck with your event.

have you had any contact with the police chief there ?

All the more reason to have our event there! Turn people's negative ideas into positive ones.

Yes, I've emailed him and he replied, directing me to one of his captains for coordination about the event. I've tried to setup a meeting with the captain but had no confirmation yet.