Thread: XD 45 compact?

XD 45 compact?

Looking into an xd 45 compact and had a question about the grip length. I have an xd sub compact 40 and the grip is short enough that my pinky hangs off, I was wondering if the 45 compact has the same length grip?

Beyond that question, does anyone have other insight into the xd 45 compact? My list of potential new guns is glock 32, xd 45 compact, CZ p-01 or a Springfield 4" operator. I'm trying to make a decision, but there are so many good pistols out right now. lol

My hands are 4" across and fits the XD45 compact just fine, even the pinky fits.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by irish52084 View Post
    Looking into an xd 45 compact and had a question about the grip length. I have an xd sub compact 40 and the grip is short enough that my pinky hangs off, I was wondering if the 45 compact has the same length grip?

Beyond that question, does anyone have other insight into the xd 45 compact? My list of potential new guns is glock 32, xd 45 compact, CZ p-01 or a Springfield 4" operator. I'm trying to make a decision, but there are so many good pistols out right now. lol
    Should be just an inch or two longer in the grip being the compact. It will definitely fit better in the hand compared to the subcompact.

I've had the XD45 compact, but in a short frame (hard to get apparently). Felt good in the hand, but I have small hands. I've also had these CZ products:
    CZ-75 Compact (steel version)
    P-07 Duty
    SP-01 Tactical
    SP-01 Phantom - only one I had issues with at all, could hold a 1/2 dollar group at 25 yards

Not sure about the Glock 32. I had a Glock 30 in .45ACP and liked it a lot...of course I went with a stainless guide rod and spring assembly, 3.5 lbs. trigger connector, PT night sights, and mag grip extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by heresyourdipstickjimmy View Post
    I've had the XD45 compact, but in a short frame (hard to get apparently). Felt good in the hand, but I have small hands
    There is only one model of XD45 Compact (frame size). No short frame. The XD45 Compact has the service length slide on the Compact frame. You sure you didn't have the XD45 Tactical with the Compact frame? That would be more likely and they are available although not real common.

XD45 Compact:

XD45 Tactical with Compact Frame:

Last edited by Archangel; 07-28-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added pictures

I had a Tactical (5 inch barrel) with the compact frame. My hands aren't large, but they fit on the short stack mag just fine...

I eventually traded to a regular Tactical with thumb safety... never used the small clip in the compact and the grip extended mags were next to impossible to find at the time. Plus I discovered that a 5" gun isn't that hard to hide when CC... even for me.

My pinkie fit but I put on a pearce grip extension anyway. I would suggest a pearce extension on your sub-compact .40
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

I thought about a grip extension on my sub compact 40, but with a little practice I dont really notice my pinky hanging off. I may go with a grip extension on the 45 because of increased recoil.

I have this gun and it fits my hand just fine (4" wide) . 10 +1 with the standard. Easy to conceal if needed. Plus I carry the extended mags wich hold 13. It's about an 1" longer.

I had one. The compact frame is a touch larger than the sub-compact. It should fit you just fine. However, if it doesn't, it also comes with an extended grip 13 round mag.

Mine has become my usual carry gun.

Occaisionally I carry a 1911 style, but the XD .45c won me over.

Now I want the 5" barrel to try carrying. Should be no prob since my other gun has a 5" barrel.