• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD 45 compact?

irish52084

Looking into an xd 45 compact and had a question about the grip length. I have an xd sub compact 40 and the grip is short enough that my pinky hangs off, I was wondering if the 45 compact has the same length grip?

Beyond that question, does anyone have other insight into the xd 45 compact? My list of potential new guns is glock 32, xd 45 compact, CZ p-01 or a Springfield 4" operator. I'm trying to make a decision, but there are so many good pistols out right now. lol

protias

My hands are 4" across and fits the XD45 compact just fine, even the pinky fits.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Looking into an xd 45 compact and had a question about the grip length. I have an xd sub compact 40 and the grip is short enough that my pinky hangs off, I was wondering if the 45 compact has the same length grip?

Beyond that question, does anyone have other insight into the xd 45 compact? My list of potential new guns is glock 32, xd 45 compact, CZ p-01 or a Springfield 4" operator. I'm trying to make a decision, but there are so many good pistols out right now. lol

Should be just an inch or two longer in the grip being the compact. It will definitely fit better in the hand compared to the subcompact.

I've had the XD45 compact, but in a short frame (hard to get apparently). Felt good in the hand, but I have small hands. I've also had these CZ products:
CZ-75 Compact (steel version)
P-07 Duty
SP-01 Tactical
SP-01 Phantom - only one I had issues with at all, could hold a 1/2 dollar group at 25 yards

Not sure about the Glock 32. I had a Glock 30 in .45ACP and liked it a lot...of course I went with a stainless guide rod and spring assembly, 3.5 lbs. trigger connector, PT night sights, and mag grip extensions.

Archangel

I've had the XD45 compact, but in a short frame (hard to get apparently). Felt good in the hand, but I have small hands
There is only one model of XD45 Compact (frame size). No short frame. The XD45 Compact has the service length slide on the Compact frame. You sure you didn't have the XD45 Tactical with the Compact frame? That would be more likely and they are available although not real common.

XD45 Compact:

xd45compside.jpg

XD45 Tactical with Compact Frame:

JULY-SPRINGFIELD-ARM-1207C-1_1.jpg

Last edited:

daddy4count

I had a Tactical (5 inch barrel) with the compact frame. My hands aren't large, but they fit on the short stack mag just fine...

I eventually traded to a regular Tactical with thumb safety... never used the small clip in the compact and the grip extended mags were next to impossible to find at the time. Plus I discovered that a 5" gun isn't that hard to hide when CC... even for me.

irish52084

I thought about a grip extension on my sub compact 40, but with a little practice I dont really notice my pinky hanging off. I may go with a grip extension on the 45 because of increased recoil.

Jblack44

I have this gun and it fits my hand just fine (4" wide) . 10 +1 with the standard. Easy to conceal if needed. Plus I carry the extended mags wich hold 13. It's about an 1" longer.

Big Boy

I had one. The compact frame is a touch larger than the sub-compact. It should fit you just fine. However, if it doesn't, it also comes with an extended grip 13 round mag.

rottman43055

Mine has become my usual carry gun.

Occaisionally I carry a 1911 style, but the XD .45c won me over.

Now I want the 5" barrel to try carrying. Should be no prob since my other gun has a 5" barrel.