Thread: You REALLY owe it to yourself to read this very fine article!

You REALLY owe it to yourself to read this very fine article!

This by no means is soley Alabama related, but nation wide related. But, it absolutely relates to everyone in the state and the nation. Please take just a short amount of time and read this excellent article by Kevin D. Williamson of The National Review, dated July 19, 2010.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2554339/posts

That is a great story and true in so many details.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!

That was a good read; he really cuts to the heart of the issue. Progressives really do believe that there is no middle ground between an all-powerful state and anarchy. The individual is reckless and stupid, but the collective will of the "people" is divine.

Is not the converse equally absurd?

Moderacy is not the same as mediocrity.

Neither Conservatives or Progressives believe in a middle-ground. They believe in painting their own extremism as average. Conservatives believe in genocidal behaviors and pretending there are no consequences. Progressives believe in preventing that genocide with preemptive genocide. Then they declare the opposite.

Surely, a 'compromise' between these stupidities can be nothing more than a combination of such stupidities.

The only thing that has never been given a chance, is Anarchy. And, of course, the name is given to sound scary, just like so-called 'assault weapons.'

Faux civics are all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    The only thing that has never been given a chance, is Anarchy.
    A constitutional republic is the form of government closest to anarchy. You really can't get any closer without it being anarchy. Of course, we are suffering under fascism\communism at the moment. There are few people, if any at all, alive today that have lived under true freedom in America.

I was under the impression that if you were a catholic in Lebanon you couldn't have a gun,
    only the government and their terrorist allies could have them so they can kill the infidels.

So what law in Texas gives the Governor the right to carry a machine pistol?
    I know our crooked BHO has his goons armed with them, but first I heard of a lowly
    state employee carrying one. Would love to know what he put on his class III application for it.

As we all know if he was OC'ing the pistol, the Coyote would probably turned around and looked for easier dog meat somewhere else.

I hope I'm missing the sarcasm there... but .380 auto. It's a semi-automatic handgun, with roughly similar function to most other semi-autos out there... no machine pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by dixieborn View Post
    I hope I'm missing the sarcasm there... but .380 auto. It's a semi-automatic handgun, with roughly similar function to most other semi-autos out there... no machine pistol.
    The other poster is obviously not a gun guy and is confused because the article says he "produced a laser-sighted .380-caliber automatic pistol, loaded with hollowpoints", when it should have said semi-automatic pistol.