• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You REALLY owe it to yourself to read this very fine article!

Deacon Blues

That was a good read; he really cuts to the heart of the issue. Progressives really do believe that there is no middle ground between an all-powerful state and anarchy. The individual is reckless and stupid, but the collective will of the "people" is divine.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Is not the converse equally absurd?

Moderacy is not the same as mediocrity.

Neither Conservatives or Progressives believe in a middle-ground. They believe in painting their own extremism as average. Conservatives believe in genocidal behaviors and pretending there are no consequences. Progressives believe in preventing that genocide with preemptive genocide. Then they declare the opposite.

Surely, a 'compromise' between these stupidities can be nothing more than a combination of such stupidities.

The only thing that has never been given a chance, is Anarchy. And, of course, the name is given to sound scary, just like so-called 'assault weapons.'

Faux civics are all we know.

NathanForrest

The only thing that has never been given a chance, is Anarchy.

A constitutional republic is the form of government closest to anarchy. You really can't get any closer without it being anarchy. Of course, we are suffering under fascism\communism at the moment. There are few people, if any at all, alive today that have lived under true freedom in America.

SlackwareRobert

I was under the impression that if you were a catholic in Lebanon you couldn't have a gun,
only the government and their terrorist allies could have them so they can kill the infidels.

So what law in Texas gives the Governor the right to carry a machine pistol?
I know our crooked BHO has his goons armed with them, but first I heard of a lowly
state employee carrying one. Would love to know what he put on his class III application for it.

As we all know if he was OC'ing the pistol, the Coyote would probably turned around and looked for easier dog meat somewhere else.

dixieborn

I hope I'm missing the sarcasm there... but .380 auto. It's a semi-automatic handgun, with roughly similar function to most other semi-autos out there... no machine pistol.

ARADCOM

I hope I'm missing the sarcasm there... but .380 auto. It's a semi-automatic handgun, with roughly similar function to most other semi-autos out there... no machine pistol.

The other poster is obviously not a gun guy and is confused because the article says he "produced a laser-sighted .380-caliber automatic pistol, loaded with hollowpoints", when it should have said semi-automatic pistol.