• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lore Saldana on San Diego local news.

Gundude

UOC makes the local San Diego news.

http://www.10news.com/news/24347999/detail.html

At the debate, a gun advocate claimed to have driven five hundred miles from San Diego to attend. On his blog, he admitted he had a loaded weapon in a backpack but got rid of it before entering the meeting.

"Since I had a loaded magazine in my backpack, I went to my car and put it away," the man wrote.

He recorded what happened when officers questioned him about the backpack:

"’So if you do have a firearm inside that backpack, you can't come in whether you paid or not,’" said an officer.

"’Ok, but I'm not required to answer and you're not allowed to search me so I'd like to enter,’" said the advocate. "’Sir, I've driven a very long way to see this debate so if you wouldn't mind I'd like to be on my way.’"

Who was that blogger?

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I love it...

Advocates such as the blogger have forced Saldana to be publicly surrounded by the very thing she hoped to eliminate in public: guns.

There are two problems with this statement; First- It is not true. Saldana has had a security detail before she created this beef with open carriers. This came about because she felt threatened by another group... The Minutemen. The second problem is that it exposes her hypocrisy and the news media will not address the question of why it is okay for her to have men armed with guns protect her, while wagging her finger at others, telling them that they cannot provide for their own defense. Why can't she rely on pepperspray or a Taser or a mobile phone to protect herself, like she expects the rest of us to? Is it fiscally responsible to have an armed security detail when the State is in a budget crisis?

It is laughable to even consider that Lori Saldana's decision to have armed men around was forced.... I imagine there were only two considerations; How many can I have? And will they shoot the bad men with guns?

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Ha Ha nice one Nate ....as if no one knows his voice Good Job Nate !!

UOC makes the local San Diego news.

http://www.10news.com/news/24347999/detail.html

At the debate, a gun advocate claimed to have driven five hundred miles from San Diego to attend. On his blog, he admitted he had a loaded weapon in a backpack but got rid of it before entering the meeting.

"Since I had a loaded magazine in my backpack, I went to my car and put it away," the man wrote.

He recorded what happened when officers questioned him about the backpack:

"’So if you do have a firearm inside that backpack, you can't come in whether you paid or not,’" said an officer.

"’Ok, but I'm not required to answer and you're not allowed to search me so I'd like to enter,’" said the advocate. "’Sir, I've driven a very long way to see this debate so if you wouldn't mind I'd like to be on my way.’"

Who was that blogger?

Nate ....as if no one knows his voice Good Job Nate !!

Mike Hawk

Notice how a loaded mag was described as a loaded weapon? WTG, 10News. I know Kindergartners who do more homework than you. They're better liars too...

Gundude

I e-mailed ch 10/Kimberly Hunt from their web page. Told her how bad the story was. After I sent it, I realized she is the tv personality and just reads the news. She indicated she would give my e-mail to the reporter that wrote the story. We will see what happens.

Chrisc411

well im sitting here watching the news and from the depths of them talking about comic-con then a couple other random items they are running another story about saldana and her little attention tantrum

Edit* and it actually showed a quick argument from saldana and an open carrier

Last edited:

PincheOgro1

It's amazing what leftists can concoct

A horrible news piece............it portrayed Ms. Saldana as a victim of right wing gun toting extremist threats and appeared to be more of an op-ed story in favor of the gun ban than anything else IMHO.

Yeah I agree. It sounds like it was concocted in some leftists mind. A what if scenerio to be played out as if it were real. These people are just a bunch of liars trying to FORCE their agenda on everyone else, whether we like it or not.They think they are "the rulers" and we are the "subjects". The arrogance. The condescension. If this type of mentality doesnt enrage you, then you deserve what you get.

1245A Defender

this news story

is already off the top story list
i had to search it!

it is only a story, not the actual debate.

new forum seems slow to post new replys
gundude beat me to post this info, but i didnt know that till later.

Last edited:

Wc

RE: San Diego 6 News

Well, I'm sorry guys that you just missing a news video at the Catfish Club meet on 23th and didn't air until the 25th. She called us extremists.

It isn't avaliable for now (their page error) after I had search again as open carry came out 5.6k of listed and used open carry rebate came out none but keying as is 'open carry' came up with box of results of Open Carry Rebate, Open Carry Law?, Bans on Bags and Guns and etc.

Also here is a proof:

Local - San Diego 6
Jul 25, 2010 ... Open Carry Debate. California Assemblymember Lori Saldana is pushing legislation to outlaw .... San Diego 6 News Webcast. 11 a.m. 7/26/10 ...
www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId...dayport...

Please try again later.

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I love how she claims we're demanding that we should be allowed to carry in schools, as if that's a major issue for us. How about I'm allowed to get 900 feet from a school Lori? How about we start there?

In related news, since our idiot legislature can't come up with a budget that works, I've read that our Governor may just not sign anything for the remainder of his term. Then (I believe) AB 1934 will die a glorious death and Saldana will leave the assembly to go lie somewhere else.

Wc

In related news, since our idiot legislature can't come up with a budget that works, I've read that our Governor may just not sign anything for the remainder of his term. Then (I believe) AB 1934 will die a glorious death and Saldana will leave the assembly to go lie somewhere else.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ty-committee&p=1299305&viewfull=1#post1299305

For confirmed: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ty-committee&p=1304472&viewfull=1#post1304472