Thread: As of Today July 22, 2010 can I stll open carry in Los Angeles California?

As of Today July 22, 2010 can I stll open carry in Los Angeles California?

I live in Hollywood, CA in Los Angeles. Does anybody know If I can still open carry as of today in Los Angeles? Also Hollywood is Incorporated. I've read that Open carry is legal in California only in unincorporated areas of Los Angeles. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcom View Post
    I live in Hollywood, CA in Los Angeles. Does anybody know If I can still open carry as of today in Los Angeles? Also Hollywood is Incorporated. I've read that Open carry is legal in California only in unincorporated areas of Los Angeles. Is this true?
    Welcome to the forum.
    By the way I read your question, I suspect you need more information before you open carry.
    Click on this link and read everything 3 times.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ry-Information
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    By the way I read your question, I suspect you need more information before you open carry.
    Click on this link and read everything 3 times.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ry-Information
    Amen. Welcome. Read it until you can recite it!

LOADED Open Carry is legal in California only in unincorporated areas.

In any incorporated city, you would be limited to Unloaded Open Carry. This means that you cannot have any ammunition in the firearm. You can carry ammunition in either full magazines so long as they are not concealed. If you have a revolver, you may carry ammunition in either your pocket, or in a speed loaded, which may be concealed.

Be sure to be absolutely sure of where the school zones are in your area, as you cannot Open Carry within 1,000 feet of K-12 school property.

Thanks for your fast reply but I have already read up on all the links and online info and am familar with them.

My question pertains to Lori Saldana AB 1934 that passed the Assembly. Does the law go immediatley into effect or does it have to go be approved by the Senate first before becoming the law?

I'm assuming that the law has not yet gone into effect and must go to the Senate first before it can be struck down or upheld.

But I'd rather not assume. I want to be sure.
    I've been a gun owner for 20 years and am worried my rights will be taken away. I'd like to excercise my right to OC in the city of Hollywood, CA so that more citizens can get use to the sights of guns and also become more familar with our right to OC.

Personally I don't like to carry anything at all. But it comes down to principle. At stake is the freedom to exercise my rights. Rights that I've always had and never want to lose regardless if I want to excercise them at all. Because of AB 1934 I am now forced to exercise this right before I lose it.

So a yes or no answer would help. As of Today July 22, 2010 can I stll open carry in Los Angeles California?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Thanks for your fast reply but I have already read up on all the links and online info and am familar with them.

My question pertains to Lori Saldana AB 1934 that passed the Assembly. Does the law go immediatley into effect or does it have to go be approved by the Senate first before becoming the law?

I'm assuming that the law has not yet gone into effect and must go to the Senate first before it can be struck down or upheld.

I've been a gun owner for 20 years and am worried my rights will be taken away. I'd like to excercise my right to OC in the city of Hollywood, CA so that more citizens can get use to the sights of guns and also become more familar with our right to OC.

Personally I don't like to carry anything at all. But it comes down to principle. At stake is the freedom to exercise my rights. Rights that I've always had and never want to lose regardless if I want to excercise them at all. Because of AB 1934 I am now forced to exercise this right before I lose it.

So a yes or no answer would help. As of Today July 22, 2010 can I stll open carry in Los Angeles California?

AB 1934 isn't law as of today
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post Yes

In a word, YES.

AB1934 should be up for a vote on the senate floor the first or second week of August.
    If passed by the senate it will still have a chance of being vetoed by the governator, if he's not a girlyman.

If you are interested in open carrying with a group of other people to help educate others check out www.SouthBayOpenCarry.org

We will be holding our next event on August 7th at the Redondo Beach Pier. Hope to see you there!

Thank you all for your replies.