Thread: A nice breakdown of state CPL/Reciprocity laws

A nice breakdown of state CPL/Reciprocity laws

http://www.lewrockwell.com/pr/right-to-carry-rules.html
    (There are full screen,print,or download buttons near the top of the window)

i am shocked!

i have been making a colated cross referenced break down of washingtonian open carry
    CPL, utah, and florida reciprosity!!
    i will post tomorrow as i think ive finally figured it out enough to be useful.

i followed the link here and was SHOCKED! just a few states i checked left out our CPLs acceptence and left us out of acceptence by utah and florida in those states.
    and it makes no mention of open carry states, AT ALL!

you can learn alot on your own, go to handgunlaw.us and ocdo maps,
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 07-22-2010 at 05:29 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    i have been making a colated cross referenced break down of washingtonian open carry
    CPL, utah, and florida reciprosity!!
    i will post tomorrow as i think ive finally figured it out enough to be useful.

i followed the link here and was SHOCKED! just a few states i checked left out our CPLs acceptence and left us out of acceptence by utah and florida in those states.
    and it makes no mention of open carry states, AT ALL!

you can learn alot on your own, go to handgunlaw.us and ocdo maps,

Sorry I should of done some fact checking before I posted it. It is an NRA pamphlet I got in an email from LewRockwell.com and I just liked the way they broke it down. I guess I put to much faith in the NRA research department. I wasn't very surprised it didn't mention OC, from what I hear the NRA are not big fans of OC. After looking at it closer it looks like its about a year old so it may need to be updated.

What would be more useful is a "Traveler's Guide" that would show imortant parts of local law. Having a permit that is recognized, or knowing that OC is legal in a given State is nice but what about their laws? What about specific local laws, if any?

A quick guide showing were firearms are prohibited and any restrictions would be nice. Some states allow for local regulation. Would be nice to know before running afoul of some "Barney Fife" or "Buford T. Justice".

It would appear to me that the best so far is at Handgunlaw.us but one has to search the links for state and local laws.