• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A nice breakdown of state CPL/Reciprocity laws

1245A Defender

i am shocked!

i have been making a colated cross referenced break down of washingtonian open carry
CPL, utah, and florida reciprosity!!
i will post tomorrow as i think ive finally figured it out enough to be useful.

i followed the link here and was SHOCKED! just a few states i checked left out our CPLs acceptence and left us out of acceptence by utah and florida in those states.
and it makes no mention of open carry states, AT ALL!

you can learn alot on your own, go to handgunlaw.us and ocdo maps,

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

i have been making a colated cross referenced break down of washingtonian open carry
CPL, utah, and florida reciprosity!!
i will post tomorrow as i think ive finally figured it out enough to be useful.

i followed the link here and was SHOCKED! just a few states i checked left out our CPLs acceptence and left us out of acceptence by utah and florida in those states.
and it makes no mention of open carry states, AT ALL!

you can learn alot on your own, go to handgunlaw.us and ocdo maps,

Sorry I should of done some fact checking before I posted it. It is an NRA pamphlet I got in an email from LewRockwell.com and I just liked the way they broke it down. I guess I put to much faith in the NRA research department. I wasn't very surprised it didn't mention OC, from what I hear the NRA are not big fans of OC. After looking at it closer it looks like its about a year old so it may need to be updated.

amlevin

What would be more useful is a "Traveler's Guide" that would show imortant parts of local law. Having a permit that is recognized, or knowing that OC is legal in a given State is nice but what about their laws? What about specific local laws, if any?

A quick guide showing were firearms are prohibited and any restrictions would be nice. Some states allow for local regulation. Would be nice to know before running afoul of some "Barney Fife" or "Buford T. Justice".

It would appear to me that the best so far is at Handgunlaw.us but one has to search the links for state and local laws.