Thread: OC in Alma WI

OC in Alma WI

I stopped at a Kwik Trip this afternoon, parked on the street and noticed a shiny new, white, Dodge Charger gassing up. Had Sheriff's stickers all over it. I walked around to the passenger side of the truck and pulled my sidearm out, loaded a mag, racked the slide on my stainless 1911 and holstered it not 15 feet from the deputy.

As I walked by, I gave him a friendly smile and how do ya do? He looked up and said "fine, You?". Saw him inside too. No worries. Good guy. Said hello again and then he left. I have to say that this was the first time I holstered up in view and such close proximity of a LEO and it did provide an adrenalin rush.

Once again, a positive interaction with a local LEO. I expect this trend to continue in Buffalo County. Now if we can just vote out our extremely liberal DA, we'll be in good shape.

Funny thing though, I noticed a couple of ladies and a fella talking at another pump. When I walked past the Sheriff's Deputy, one of the ladies had that look on her face of perplexity and consternation like she just could not believe I had just done that and then walked right past the Deputy. When I came out, they were still there and she gave me the evil eye all the way to my truck.

I admit to finding a bit of humor in that.

Thumbs up

Good experience. Can you not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle in WI?
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

McX
    rock on harballer! supreme encounters, damn shame you got the evil eye from the sheep, but then again, they are just sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Not legally.

Not yet.

Once the POS governor they have now is gone, I suspect several new bills will be passed in favor of gun rights.

It would be so nice to carry when I am home visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I admit to finding a bit of humor in that.
    Ha that is pretty funny.

I actually was getting gas at a Kwik Trip in West Salem earlier this week. As I as filling up, a sheriff's officer pulled up a pump over and got gas. Then as I was walking inside the store, another drove by. I'm pretty sure he saw me, not sure if he saw the gun or not. But nothing happened. Was an adrenaline rush though knowing there's 2 officers right here as I was carrying.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

It is one of five places we cannot carry.

1) Cars
    2) Places that serve alcohol for consumption (bars, restaurants, etc), unless you have permission from the owner/manager
    3) Government buildings (this includes the bathroom at your local park)
    4) State Parks
    5) 1000 feet of a school
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    before you come to visit, check around, there's a bit doug posted on here of a video he did on car carry, might want to watch it, then dance the dance we all do.

Thumbs up

HARDBALLER, Big Thumbs Up.

Ahh the adreniline.
    I am confident that you and I can OC in our resident counties all we want(within the law) without worry. We have been discussed to the point that all the county deputies know who we are.

I have loaded in close proximity to LEO. I have loaded in view of LEO. But now yet in close proximity and in view.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    HARDBALLER, Big Thumbs Up.

Ahh the adreniline.
    I am confident that you and I can OC in our resident counties all we want(within the law) without worry. We have been discussed to the point that all the county deputies know who we are.

I have loaded in close proximity to LEO. I have loaded in view of LEO. But now yet in close proximity and in view.
    Yup, it is cool. The only draw back in this county is our DA. He is a. . .ah. . . lib. . .liberal. . .

I cannot wait until they pass a law that we can carry in our vehicles. I OC everyday but it is a bit tedious to have to take my case out, load up, rack, holster, go in do my business, come out take case out, unload, put gun in case, put case back in car, get in car. All this does is say, HEY look over HERE, I got a GUN! .. Not that I really care, just such a waste of time. It would just be so much easier to go about my business with a gun on my hip all the time.

Rock on Hardballer, we will educate one sheep at a time. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamtnt2004 View Post
    I cannot wait until they pass a law that we can carry in our vehicles. I OC everyday but it is a bit tedious to have to take my case out, load up, rack, holster, go in do my business, come out take case out, unload, put gun in case, put case back in car, get in car. All this does is say, HEY look over HERE, I got a GUN! .. Not that I really care, just such a waste of time. It would just be so much easier to go about my business with a gun on my hip all the time.
    They don't need to pass one that says we can. They just need to repeal the one that says we cannot, or atleast ammend to only long guns as it's legislative intent was to reduce poaching.

Had another LEO experience this morning at about 7:30am at my home. At my request. I made a call concerning Animal Abuse. ( the perp was caught and the animal freed) The officer arrived and saw I was armed right away. Got out of her car and acted professional and concerned for my complaint. Never once asked about my sidearm.

I explained the problem with the animal abuser, we spoke for 10 minutes so she could ascertain the facts,She asked if a cease and desist was what I wanted and if it want south, would I go to court. "I am all for that" I told her.

We parted company with a hand shake and a smile and she then went to take care of business. I watched as she dealt with the animal abuser, rousting him out of bed and making him release the animal. He was belligerent till he realized he could go to jail. At this point it was just a class C forfeiture but would escalate to a felony if he did not cease and desist.

Cool. I love it when a plan comes together.

I have no time for abusers of any kind. Animal, wife or child. I get involved.

Walked past a deputy sheriff today in a convenience store. He was halfway blocking the door so I stood their for a moment, then moved past him. He was aware I was carrying and did not say a word. I said howdy and he said hi.

That was it. He left and the clerk and stock boy both had looks of 'why didn't he arrest you' on their respective faces.

Cool.

Spoke to a Sheriff's deputy I was not familiar with on the phone this evening and during our conversation and on kind of a side topic, the fact that I open carry came up in kind of a passing comment. His comment was something like, "well, I know you open carry. That might be it." This comment was in relation to the way some people may perceive me or react to me. What I thought was cool, was the matter of fact, no big deal, fully accepted way he commented.

This is a positive trend.